MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #121
spinningwheel
On the road to being a farker

Talking Moinks and mild pepper ebt's.

Here's my application:

Old 09-23-2013, 05:30 AM   #122
Diesel Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Here is my official entry to be a certified MOINK baller

Sorry no pic of the preperation, but they are 100% pure 'Merican beef raised on our farm!!!!

MOINK balls ready for the bbq

MOINKS balls on the bbq

MOINK balls sauced, SBR and Welches grape jelly mix, ready for total enjoyment!!

MOINK balls are a regular staple round here, so I sure hope to be officially certified.

Thanks for lookin

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe
Diesel Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-19-2013, 04:34 PM   #123
Razcal
Got Wood.

thanks

Old 10-22-2013, 04:43 PM   #124
peeps
somebody shut me the fark up.

Here is my application for MOINK ball certification.

Meatballs are all beef Swedish meatballs. Sauce is Rudy's Sissy Sauce. Cooked alongside some pig shots.

- [B][COLOR="darkorange"]Major[/COLOR][/B] - Mini WSM (from SJS)

[B][COLOR="Blue"]Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller![/COLOR][/B] ([URL="http://bit.ly/1lr5cKx"]Certificate of Authenticity[/URL]) / [B][COLOR="Blue"]Join the fun in the [URL="http://bit.ly/1ew3H57"]Throwdowns[/URL]![/COLOR][/B]
peeps is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2013, 06:07 AM   #125
Diesel Dave

Nice peeps!
Ya gotta wonder if bigabyte even remembers this thread is open....

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe

Old 10-23-2013, 07:19 AM   #126
dirtydingus

What does moink stand for?

Old 10-25-2013, 11:35 PM   #127
DjPorkchop
is one Smokin' Farker

Ok, I'm going to try and get in on this. These are MOINKS on a budget as you can see. The meatballs are all beef. THe bacon is real to. Like a moron, In a fit of watering mouth, I ripped off the label before Pr0n.

These little jewels turned out great! A tad salty due to the salt in the bacon and salt in the rub that I used to much of BUT they were still great for my first try.

Thanks for looking.

Never be afraid to try something new. Amateurs built the Ark, Professionals built the Titanic

Last edited by DjPorkchop; 10-25-2013 at 11:37 PM.. Reason: More info
DjPorkchop is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-26-2013, 05:17 AM   #128
Diesel Dave

They look jus fine!
And what's that fatty stuffed with?

Old 10-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #129
HAndyman
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Andy
Default First MOINK Try

Frozen Beef meatballs, Pork Bacon (apple wood) pork rub and sauced at the end

cooked on the Weber with some hickory

ignore the veggies my wife makes me eat.

Thanks from: --->
Old 10-26-2013, 03:55 PM   #130
DjPorkchop
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Dave View Post
They look jus fine!
And what's that fatty stuffed with?
That is what they call a lumber jack. A lumber jack is basically a corn dog. The outside is a maple syrup pancake and the inside is a sausage link. They come on a stick just like corn dogs. I removed the stick rolled it all up, added rub and went for it and I'm gonna tell ya, the Tennessee Pride Mild sausage and that lumberjack with the nice hint of rub ...... Yeah lol it was good.

I get the lumberjacks at Sam's Club along with the TN Pride sausage. It comes in 3 rolls for $7. The lumberjacks are like 8 or 9$ I suppose. Don't recall how many to a box. Give it a try if you go to Sams. It was well worth it.

WE are going to smoke several fattys this coming weekend for breakfast. We are gonna slice the lumberjack fattys and put them in between nice fresh butter milk biscuits.

Never be afraid to try something new. Amateurs built the Ark, Professionals built the Titanic

Thanks from: --->
Old 10-26-2013, 05:07 PM   #131
Diesel Dave

Thanks, that does sound way good for sure

Old 10-26-2013, 09:40 PM   #132
BevoBurn96
Full Fledged Farker

Default MOINK Ball Certification Application

My application for MOINK ball certification:

IMG_2411.jpg
Started with 2 lb of USDA Choice ground chuck and 12 oz of uncured, smoked bacon. Since this was a special occasion for certification, opted to make my own meatballs. Mixed in chopped celery and purple onion in addition to some panko, oatmeal, and an egg to make it all stick together.
IMG_2413.jpg
Applied the bacon
IMG_2414.jpg
Applied the smoke
IMG_2415.jpg
The results after basting with maple syrup.
IMG_2417.jpg
I was going to do a few with rub and some with BBQ sauce, but ran out of time and just went with the syrup glaze.

IMBAS Certified MOINK Baller :cool:
BevoBurn96 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-27-2013, 02:15 PM   #133
DjPorkchop
is one Smokin' Farker

Man Bevo, them some mighty fine looking MOINKS!

Old 10-27-2013, 02:17 PM   #134
DjPorkchop
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydingus View Post
What does moink stand for?
Now I can not be certain, But I am sure the M is for meatball and the oink is due to the bacon coming from a pig.

If well seasoned certified MOINK baller would chime in on this, we would be much appreciative.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:19 PM   #135
swbill

My entry and first try. I used ground beef loaded with seasoning and a tub of feta cheese, Balled them up and bacon wrapped. Smoked for 3 hours on the webber kettle. Finished with some jack Daniels BBQ

Last edited by swbill; 10-27-2013 at 02:21 PM.. Reason: more info
swbill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
MOINK