Pulled the trigger!

FiremanMike

Got Wood.
Reaction score
Picked up my 22" WSM today, it's still sitting in the box because I'm at work, but I'm gunna heat it up tomorrow to see how it works, then smoke some ribs on Friday. I'll post some pics then :)

Hey, I understand that Lowes sells a grommet I can use to replace one of the handle bolts for temp probes. Without opening the box, can someone tell me what size to get so I can snag that today?

Thanks!

Love my WSM, and have a blast with it just wish I had gotten the 22" instead of the 18.5", if i knew what i do now...best of luck and enjoy

Congrats on your new WSM! I LOVE mine! I even did a blog post about they day I got it Lol http://piggytummy.com/blog/?p=210 Sorry I cant be of help for the Lowes item, haven't heard of em but I will have to check that out.

How can you work at a time like this?!

Love my WSM, and have a blast with it just wish I had gotten the 22" instead of the 18.5", if i knew what i do now...best of luck and enjoy

Any reason?

We have 3 18.5" WSM's. and 1 22.5. The 22.5 can do a LOT more food at one time, so is great for a party or any larger group. Also a plus is, with it's size, you don't have to make a packer brisket do contortions to fit it on the 22.5, and you can get multiple whole slabs of ribs on without bending, rolling, etc.

On the downside, it eats more fuel, but other than that, I love mine. Either takes a few cooks to get gunked up a little and settle in at temps.

Edit - I should read closer!:doh: I see you you wished for the 22, not the 18....I will go sit in the corner now:tape:

I just had some ribs that a friend dropped off from the WSM 22 I sold him, they were great and he's just starting. I also have one and for the money your gonna be hard pressed to find a better cooker all though I have just become a dealer for Pit Barrel Cookers and WOW are they sweet to cook on!!!! Enjoy your new toy!!!!!

Congrats!

Do a search for threaded lamp pipe and you will find the mod.

Back