MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:36 AM   #1
chriscw81
is One Chatty Farker

Default Weber customer service experience

So Thursday I picked up one the new model 22.5 OTG's with the thermometer on the lid and the space to hang utensils on the handles. It only took about 20 minutes to put together. After it was put together I realized the lid didn't fit very well and it wouldn't lay flat on my kitchen table. It could still be used but it just wasn't right. This morning I called weber and almost immediately a human picked up. I explained the problem and gave the lady some info. She had me take some pictures and email her the pics. She replied not even 5 minutes later saying they were going to send me another lid at no cost to me. Overall it was pleasant experience, even though there was a problem with the lid. These days it's rare to have a pleasant customer service experience when dealing with a large corporation. I couldn't be more impressed. Oh yeah, I even get to keep the old lid.....which should look real nice on a UDS!

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]UDS | [COLOR=blue]Blue[/COLOR] Weber Performer Platinum | Chargriller Akorn | 22.5 Weber OTG | WSJ Gold | Mini WSM | Maverick ET-73 | [COLOR=blue]Blue [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Thermapen | Maverick PT-100 |[/COLOR] Gasser(charcoal chimney starter)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
chriscw81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 01-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #2
Jon David
Knows what a fatty is.

Webers customer service is awesome. I called to see how much the little black piece that goes on the baffle to keep from burning your hand, and she just said ill send you a whole new baffle fo FREEEEEEEEEE! No questions asked, they are incredible!
Jon David is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-27-2013, 11:49 AM   #3
Freddy j
is one Smokin' Farker

The weber company takes American-made pride in their products and services.
Freddy j is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2013, 11:51 AM   #4
code3rrt
Babbling Farker

Yep, my experience with them was great, friendly and fast!

Old 01-27-2013, 11:53 AM   #5
el_matt
Babbling Farker

They gave me free shipping, just for the asking, when I ordered the new mini charcoal chimney. They even gave me the ash pan clips for an old OTS. I had planned on buying them, but she just threw them in for free. Best part of all, she was SUPER friendly, almost as if she enjoyed her job.

Matt

Old 01-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #6
chriscw81
is One Chatty Farker

One thing that shocked me was I wanted to buy one of the little black things that go on the performers exhaust so it's not too hot to touch. They said I couldn't buy one unless I owned a performer, which I don't.

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]UDS | [COLOR=blue]Blue[/COLOR] Weber Performer Platinum | Chargriller Akorn | 22.5 Weber OTG | WSJ Gold | Mini WSM | Maverick ET-73 | [COLOR=blue]Blue [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Thermapen | Maverick PT-100 |[/COLOR] Gasser(charcoal chimney starter)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
chriscw81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2013, 12:43 PM   #7
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Weber customer service is about the best there is, but they do get a little ornery about selling you parts for cookers unless they see that you own one. A workaround would be to go online and just register a performer in your account. You don't have to actually own onw. Then call back and try again.
[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | [COLOR=red]Ladybug[/COLOR] SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]nipples[/COLOR] | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | [COLOR=black]Simpsons[/COLOR] OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | [COLOR=green]LBGE | sbge | [SIZE="1"]mini bge[/SIZE] [/COLOR] [/B][/FONT]
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2013, 04:32 PM   #8
mbshop
Babbling Farker

for me its been fifty fifty. on easy stuff they are great. when it gets a bit sticky they get pissy. after having one customer yell at me and call me names and accuse me of cheating, on and on, i think they are nothing special. i even emailed weber about it and nothing.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:34 PM   #9
Robicus129
Knows what a fatty is.

Have had nothing but good experiences with them--good people.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:55 PM   #10
Brian in Maine
is Blowin Smoke!

When I bought my second WSM the mid section was out of round. I made the call, and they sent another one that also was out of round. The third time was a charm. They sent a second one that was good. There customer service is the best.

2 WSMs
2 OTG One red one black
22 1/2" black Bar-B-Kettle with rotisserie ring
Brinkman dual zone charcoal grill
Webber Silver Genises B
3 burner camp stove
Brian in Maine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2013, 05:05 PM   #11
North Is Up
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Arnie

The electronic push button ignition on my gasser disappeared one day from the our upper deck down into the abyss of my backyard below or possibly into the Twilight Zone. Never found it. I called to purchase a replacement and they wouldn't hear of having me pay even though it was my fault. Just asked for the serial number and sent me a new one.
Pit Boss Series-5 Copperhead
Miss Silvia and Rocky
Life quote from Jersey Shore: "I know I'm not the smartest crayon in the box, but this isn't rocket scientist! :blah:
North Is Up is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2013, 06:05 PM   #12
charrederhead
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Pete

I've had the lid and bowl of my Performer replaced for free due to rust/burn through, in the 10th year of the 10-yr warranty.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:21 PM   #13
mbshop
Babbling Farker

their quality on some items is questionable. on these they don't give much of a warranty and sure enough, on those items they do go bad, right after the warranty
runs out. in this case i'm talking about the paint used on the weber q grills.