MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:14 AM   #16
jbrodgers
Got Wood.

Take a look at the other thread I started titled "Roadside sales???" there were alot of similar pros and cons mentioned there as well

JR
jbrodgers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2011, 10:19 AM   #17
jbrodgers
Got Wood.

After everything Iv'e learned from alot of these folks here (forum wide) I could compile or write a book on how, what, what not to do in starting a BBQ joint (mobile or brick and mortar)...
Maybe that will be my second million $$$... I gave up on my first...
jbrodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:37 AM   #18
J_Don
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrodgers View Post
Take a look at the other thread I started titled "Roadside sales???" there were alot of similar pros and cons mentioned there as well

JR
Just finished reading that thread and you're right, there was a considerable amount of information. I'm already lucky enough to have friends that are successful business owners that have seen me in action and really like my Que that they are willing to help back my venture if I actually decide to pursue this venture.
Kenmore Elite Gasser w/ Rotisserie
Cajun Cooker (3)
UDS In Progress
[COLOR=#0000ff]BLUESMAN[/COLOR] Splashproof [COLOR=#0000ff]BLUE [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Thermapen :bow:[/COLOR]
H D FXSTD
J_Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:42 PM   #19
Anchors Smokeshop
is one Smokin' Farker

Thank you to all who responded. A lot of my questions were answered and I now have more concerns.
I guess my best bet would be to write a business plan and calculate all of my costs and expenses and see if I can make this work.
Thanks again!

[B]THE SMOKE 'N BARREL[/B] [COLOR=black][B]COMPETITION BBQ TEAM[/B][/COLOR][B] Seaford, NY[/B]
Backwoods Party named Woody
Weber One Touch Silver 22.5 (2x)
Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5 (2x)
Ugly Drum Smoker named Rusty
[B][COLOR=red]Red[/COLOR][/B] Splash-Proof Super-Fast Thermapen

[URL="http://www.thesmokenbarrel.blogspot.com/"]The Smoke 'N Barrel Blog[/URL] [URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Smoke-N-Barrel-Competition-BBQ-Team/124849310898216?v=wall#!/pages/The-Smoke-N-Barrel-Competition-BBQ-Team/124849310898216"]The Smoke 'N Barrel on Facebook[/URL] [URL="http://twitter.com/#!/thesmokenbarrel"]The Smoke 'N Barrel on Twitter[/URL]
Anchors Smokeshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:08 PM   #20
RICK Allen
Full Fledged Farker

As hesitant as I was before in the previous threads, still means, only one thing, you can study it to death have many a sleepless night, or just grab ones cajones and go forward, and learn from experience!! Thats what we did, and in the end it is you alone that will make the decision, and if you fail then it is no ones fault but your own