Memphis in May - Spots left on team

TooSaucedToPork

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Swinebucks BBQ - Memphis In May - May 13-15...If anyone wants to cook with the team We have spots open, The ribs, tomato sauce, and hot wings are spoken for but the following contests are available to cook in.

Seafood
Poultry
Chicken
Exotic
Baked Beans
Mustard Sauce
Vinegar

If anyone is interested in cooking in the contest give me a shout back...

Memphis In May is a great time. It is a much greater experiance if you join a team. "Too Sauced To Pork" is my son and we make this offer each year to the members of the BBQ Fourms. In the Past we have had great times with people who have joined us from all over the U.S. The cost of Memphis In May is so expensive, about $4,000 we do have a $250 fee to join. It is the same amount all the regular members pay. It covers the cost of ancillary contest entry fees, booth fees, a team T-shirt, a three day pass into the park, and all food, and drink. If you have any questions please contact us at swinebucksbbq@gmail.com .

Additional photos of Memphis In May are on our web site http://swinebucksbbq.webs.com/apps/photos/

Mim09-2.jpg

Mim09-15.jpg

Thanks
Mike
(Swinebuck)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to be down there bouncing around so will definitely make a plan to stop by and say hi!

Memphis In May is a great time. It is a much greater experiance if you join a team. "Too Sauced To Pork" is my son and we make this offer each year to the members of the BBQ Fourms. In the Past we have had great times with people who have joined us from all over the U.S. The cost of Memphis In May is so expensive, about $4,000 we do have a $250 fee to join. This covers you and one guest. It is the same amount all the regular members pay. It covers the cost of ancillary contest entry fees, booth fees, a team T-shirt, a three day pass into the park, and all food, and drink. If you have any questions please contact us at swinebucksbbq@gmail.com .

Additional photos of Memphis In May are on our web site http://swinebucksbbq.webs.com/apps/photos/

Mim09-2.jpg

Mim09-15.jpg

Thanks
Mike
(Swinebuck)

Mike, I just PM'd you...My partner and I are very interested to find out more details

Frank

Swinebucks BBQ - Memphis In May - May 13-15...If anyone wants to cook with the team We have spots open, The ribs, tomato sauce, and hot wings are spoken for but the following contests are available to cook in.

Seafood
Poultry
Chicken
Exotic
Baked Beans
Mustard Sauce
Vinegar

If anyone is interested in cooking in the contest give me a shout back...

I forgot People's Choice is open too...it is a 2 day cook and turn in, 2 butts a day, Thursday and Friday

Dang it.. i was going to ask if i could cook ribs, but that spot was taken. :biggrin:

Did not plan to cook. The wife and I are heading down there for the pig fest.
Will stop by and say hello.
Ed

I'd like to cook vinegar, but thats a long way to go just for that. Ribs would have been worth it though.

I forgot People's Choice is open too...it is a 2 day cook and turn in, 2 butts a day, Thursday and Friday

This is a chance I'd love to throw my hat into the ring to do - unfortunately, my vacation days are pretty much already booked. :frown:

Dang it.. i was going to ask if i could cook ribs, but that spot was taken. :biggrin:

There's 3 of us that have been doin the ribs for about 7 years, last year we almost broke the top 20...which sounds bad, but for MIM its awesome...

We won Hotwings 2 years ago and placed 11th last year.

Thats the only two contests we truely want to cook in, so we open up the others for fellow BBQ'ers to come join our team, and experience MIM without having to take on the burden of the huge entry fees and deal with all the massive setup costs. We were given the same in by a team when we started, and we've been trying to pay it forward ever since :)

I'm already here and will come by for a visit just to say "Hi Fellas!" if that's ok.

Ancillary Catagory Update:
The People Choice Pork Butt catagory has been taken by a guest cook from St. Louis MO.
The other contests are still available
Seafood
Chicken
Beef
Exotic
Baked Beans
Mustard Sauce
Vinegar Sauce

Thanks
Mike
(Swinebuck)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be curious to know who the STL guest is. If it gets a bit closer and you want a mustard sauce to turn in, lemme know, as I lived in NC for a while:) As it stands, this is the sixth "invite" I've gotten for 2010, so I'm not sure what I'll be doing for a full time booth.

dmp

There's 3 of us that have been doin the ribs for about 7 years, last year we almost broke the top 20...which sounds bad, but for MIM its awesome...

We won Hotwings 2 years ago and placed 11th last year.

Thats the only two contests we truely want to cook in, so we open up the others for fellow BBQ'ers to come join our team, and experience MIM without having to take on the burden of the huge entry fees and deal with all the massive setup costs. We were given the same in by a team when we started, and we've been trying to pay it forward ever since :)

I think it's awesome that you all are inviting others to be on your team to cook in the other catagories, and I wish you all the best of luck !:-D

Ancillary Catagory Update:
The People Choice Pork Butt catagory has been taken by a guest cook from St. Louis MO.
The other contests are still available
Seafood
Chicken
Beef
Exotic
Baked Beans
Mustard Sauce
Vinegar Sauce

Thanks
Mike
(Swinebuck)

Mike,
We will take chx and baked beans. I will give you a call tomorrow to chat about details.
Frank

Back