Located 55 gal UDS Drums in Bay Area, CA

newie

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Just as many of you have, my search for an unlined drum began immediately after reading the first few pages of the UDS thread. I looked for a couple of weeks, mainly on CL, without any luck in finding an unlined drum in the area.
I just found this place in Hayward (http://www.containersunlimited.com/) which stocks reconditioned unlined drums and sells them for $40 ea. with a removeable lid w/bungs. Picked one up today!
The best I could find otherwise was a food-grade lined drum priced anywhere from $10-$50, and I am not willing to deal with removing the lining (don't think I could get away with the burn-out without the local FD showing up).
Anyway, just thought I would pass it on - thanks for the all the outstanding information, this is a cool place to hang out! Off the garage to put mine together!

Just as many of you have, my search for an unlined drum began immediately after reading the first few pages of the UDS thread. I looked for a couple of weeks, mainly on CL, without any luck in finding an unlined drum in the area.
I just found this place in Hayward (http://www.containersunlimited.com/) which stocks reconditioned unlined drums and sells them for $40 ea. with a removeable lid w/bungs. Picked one up today!
The best I could find otherwise was a food-grade lined drum priced anywhere from $10-$50, and I am not willing to deal with removing the lining (don't think I could get away with the burn-out without the local FD showing up).
Anyway, just thought I would pass it on - thanks for the all the outstanding information, this is a cool place to hang out! Off the garage to put mine together!

How is your build progressing?

I'm sure it's built by now and some pork butts have been cooked, pulled and eaten. Don't you think...

I'm sure it's built by now and some pork butts have been cooked, pulled and eaten. Don't you think...

Finished the UDS yesterday, seasoned last night. Next will be the cart/table to hold the drum - I'll post pics of the progress.

Maiden voyage today with a 14lb practice T-day bird that has been in a brine bath for 24 hours.

Thanks again to everyone who contributes to this site!

Attachments

• PICT0020.jpg
    PICT0020.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 74
  • PICT0021.jpg
    PICT0021.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 74
  • PICT0022.jpg
    PICT0022.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 70
Oooo, nice drum. Awaiting the bird pics.

Back