• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Ordered new pizza oven

Thank's but, what ever would make you think that :biggrin1:.
curing006.jpg

skull not visible in previous pics. comment was based on this

drawer005_zps33e92b7f.jpg

skull not visible in previous pics. comment was based on this.....

I was just kiddin' when I added the skull, Bill.

When I read your reply, I thought of the pic of my blast door. I just couldn't resist it :biggrin1:.

I was just kiddin' when I added the skull, Bill. When I read your reply, I thought of the pic of my blast door. I just couldn't resist it :biggrin1:.

touche' :D

If you are looking for an all around cooker I wouldn't get the Blackstone.
The keg or akorn, ceramic and weber kettle are all more versatile. I will use it for pizza and test a steak out.

I make pizza once a week so this will get its use.

Not really looking for an 'all around' cooker. I mean, I am in a sense, but my big push is for high heat baking/pizza making. I've got the W.S.M. and the Kettle as it stands right now, and a cheap offset as well. The Keg is pretty much a done deal at this point, but still interested in how this sucker works out for you.

I was interested in it, rotating stone is cool, hope there is a way to turn it off thou, getting a pizza off a peel quickly onto a spinning surface might be tricky!

On the weekends I cook in a Le Panyol commercial brick wood fired oven, I LOVE IT!

Definitely interested in a forno bravo when there's room for one at the house

Nice build Gulf! Clean, spherical dome.....did you use a form or the indispensable tool?

Nice build Gulf! Clean, spherical dome.....did you use a form or the indispensable tool?
Thank's Carbon,
Yes, I did use an I.T. for the fire brick portion of the dome.
191-1.jpg

The brick on the exterior of the dome that you see are actually brick floor splits which were later grouted. They are adhered to a stucco layer with thinset.

splits1002_zps158d7454.jpg

The stucco layer is separated from the fire brick by about 8" of insulation (4" ceramic fiber blanket and about 4" of vermicrete). I used a swinging plywood form to true up the vermicrete layer to make the exterior a perfect sphere.

0119.jpg

___The Mississippi Queen___

My Picasa Web Album

My oven is a little on the extreme side. There are plenty of great looking and excellent working wood fired pizza/bread ovens that have been built by folks without any prior experience.

My sincere apologies to jsperk for the hijack. I started researching wood fired ovens after Hurricane Katrina. We spent about 2 and a half weeks eating 3 meals a day cooked by charcoal. I was looking for any alternative to charcoal that did not require, electricity or gas. Between FornoBravo and The BBQ Brethren, the next one should be a lot more palatable :-D.

Back