MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Bashes

Notices

Brethren Bashes Bash Notes, Information on up and coming, Bash Bites.. etc..

Old 09-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #1
Moose
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Richard
Cool SoCal Bash Saturday Sept 21! Head count starts HERE. Post if you are coming! ALL Brethren Welocme!

It's time to start the head count for the Sept 21 SoCal Bash!

We're fortunate to have a very good friend of mine host the bash at a really cool property, and you can learn a bit more by checking out the first post in THIS thread. There's a swimming pool, jacuzzi, regulation size pool table, and outdoor firepit. The property sits on one half acre and is in North Hills in the SFV, just a few minutes from the 405. Please note that this is an adults only Bretheren gathering - there's potential liability issues with a pool etc so this is our host's wishes. For those who are traveling a bit, there's a couple of lodging options nearby as well.

As far as who's cooking what, this is what I recall who volunteered:

The Missus and I will be doing roadside chicken on an open pit.

Enkidu: ABT's

gtr: Pulled Pork

BigMista: Brisket

All sides will be handled by our gracious hosts, so we're good to go there.

It would be nice to have someone cook killer ribs, or if you have other ideas, that would be great too. I think silverfinger offered to cook his special carne asada.

Dessert would also be welcome. For those who are not cooking (and no one is obligated to do so) we'll need supplies like ice, adult/non adult beverages, and charcoal.

The property has one Weber 22.5 OTS, and I can bring my UDS, but we'll need more. So let's get the discussion going, and if you are coming, please let us know. I'll make a list of all of the confirmed attendees, and PM you the address a couple of days beforehand.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-01-2013, 04:36 PM   #2
SoCalWJS
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : John

Moose - any idea on starting/ending times? Trying to figure out the departure/return times and if I'll have to look into a room over there. If I come, I can bring grills in the truck, but I may have issues with loading hot grills up for the journey back, or conversely leaving them in the back of my truck in the parking lot overnight.......
Old 09-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #3
gtr

I was thinking I might also make up a batch or 2 of sausage. Those could get cut up for apps. And in my book, pulled pork automatically means slaw so I'll be making some of that. I can bring a Backwoods Chubby and a MUDS, as well as a Jumbo Joe and a WGA. I can also bring a cambro & a 2 burner propane stove if necessary.
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 09-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #4
lcbateman3
is One Chatty Farker

We are in (The missus and I). No better way to spend your birthday then with Brethren!

Sure the wife will being doing a dessert or two. I'll let you know in the next day or two what I will be bringing as a meat. May be able to do ribs we shall see!

You only fail if you do not try.
lcbateman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 09-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #5
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalWJS View Post
Moose - any idea on starting/ending times? Trying to figure out the departure/return times and if I'll have to look into a room over there. If I come, I can bring grills in the truck, but I may have issues with loading hot grills up for the journey back, or conversely leaving them in the back of my truck in the parking lot overnight.......
Looks like we may be OK on cookers, so let's hold off on your bringing some as you are coming from quite a distance.

As for arrival time, I'd say roughly about 3-4pm but will know more in a few days.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:33 PM   #6
caseydog

I might actually be able to be there, on a research mission for the Texas Mega-Bash. I can do the round trip flight for about 350 bucks. I won't be able to bring a cooker, and may need to bring a friend (I'll be sleeping in his guest room). But, I can bring some tongs and maybe a pan or two -- and my well worn Birkenstocks.

Well, if you will allow a dog from Texas to attend this soi·rée.

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 09-03-2013, 07:35 PM   #7
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post
I might actually be able to be there, on a research mission for the Texas Mega-Bash. I can do the round trip flight for about 350 bucks. I won't be able to bring a cooker, and may need to bring a friend (I'll be sleeping in his guest room). But, I can bring some tongs and maybe a pan or two -- and my well worn Birkenstocks.

CD
That would be awesome if you could come! Keep me posted...
Old 09-04-2013, 08:49 PM   #8
caseydog

I made reservations. Beware brethren, the dog is coming to town. God help us all.

I look forward to meeting some more of my left coast brethren. I can't bring any cookers, but I can cook. I look forward to eating AND cooking some good food. Put me to work. I love to cook.

This will be good practice for the Texas Mega-Bash -- just around the corner. Any week now.

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 09-05-2013, 11:04 AM   #9
SmokinJohn
Babbling Farker

I will be there. Mrs. SJ won't be able to attend. Prior commitment, and she isn't happy. I have told her about the Brethren and she was looking forward to good food.

I can bring some mac and cheese (5-6 cheese with no Velveeta - Mrs SJ won't allow it in the house), some marinated tomatoes and onions, and some beverages.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:06 AM   #10
SmokinJohn
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post
I made reservations. Beware brethren, the dog is coming to town. God help us all.

I look forward to meeting some more of my left coast brethren. I can't bring any cookers, but I can cook. I look forward to eating AND cooking some good food. Put me to work. I love to cook.

This will be good practice for the Texas Mega-Bash -- just around the corner. Any week now.

CD
Danggg! I'm wearing my Cowboys gear for this occasion!
Old 09-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #11
deguerre

How to speak dog...

Week = Eon
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #12
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinJohn View Post
I will be there. Mrs. SJ won't be able to attend. Prior commitment, and she isn't happy. I have told her about the Brethren and she was looking forward to good food.

I can bring some mac and cheese (5-6 cheese with no Velveeta - Mrs SJ won't allow it in the house), some marinated tomatoes and onions, and some beverages.
John, glad to hear you will be coming! As per my original post, we are good to go on sides across the board as they are already taken care of. Beverages would be good, though!
Old 09-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #13
deguerre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
John, glad to hear you will be coming! As per my original post, we are good to go on sides across the board as they are already taken care of. Beverages would be good, though!
Oh, c'mon. Let the man show off their Mac N Cheese dish. Could be the best you'll ever have, but you won't know otherwise.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
Old 09-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #14
SmokinJohn
Babbling Farker

^^^ Thank you for the vote, but I may upstages someone else.

There will be a next time.

I'll bring some beverages instead.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:14 PM   #15
deguerre

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinJohn View Post
^^^ Thank you for the vote, but I may upstages someone else.

There will be a next time.

I'll bring some beverages instead.
Can you share the recipe then, if it's not a secret? Or have you posted elsewhere? The 6 cheeses sound wonderful.