Just ribs. (pics)

Smoke on Badger Mountain

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Well, my wife was hoping for some beef ribs. I didn't have a lot of time today and I have a busy few days off coming up. So I decided to knock the snow of the Weber and give it a shot that way. I have never done beef ribs on a kettle before. Always on an offset. But I thought it would be fun to try and see what happened. Well, it only took a couple of hours and they turned out pretty tasty and moist on the inside. Not so much on the outer edges. But all in all, if a had a taste for some beef ribs and was short on time I would do it again for sure. But I like almost everything better coming off the offset.

Hit the ribs with SPOG. Cooked with mesquite lump, no hickory chunks tonight. That is another strange one for me.

snorib1.jpg

snorib2.jpg

snorib3.jpg

snorib4.jpg

snorib5.jpg

Sorry, the only plate pic I got was the aftermath.
snorib6.jpg

Nice. I like cooking those once in a while. Not much meat but you can find 'em cheap, take almost no time and make great nibblin' meat or a meal. Great beefy flavor.

I have never done them on a kettle but looks like they come out good .

Look like those turned out good. Get you some short rib plates next time you can spend more time on them. Everyone will be in a beefy, fatty coma afterwards.

Been thinking about a kettle for some small cooks like that. Those really look good.

I was gonna buy beef ribs today! ended up with baby back ribs. I just cant justify buying these kind of beef ribs after seeing short rib pictures (which sucks because I just cant get them locally) They look good. Makes me 2nd guess getting baby backs instead!

Back