Tuesday cook today

thillin

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Since my San Antonio trip got pushed back a couple of days I decided to cook. I got 2 trimmed racks of spares on now. Will do some sausages later along with about a pound of armadillo eggs.

These were some small spares. so I'll try 2-2-1 on them. Rubbed them with some Famous Daves that I got in a past sauce/rub trade. I'll post pics later.

Ty

Since my San Antonio trip got pushed back a couple of days I decided to cook. I got 2 trimmed racks of spares on now. Will do some sausages later along with about a pound of armadillo eggs.

These were some small spares. so I'll try 2-2-1 on them. Rubbed them with some Famous Daves that I got in a past sauce/rub trade. I'll post pics later.

Ty

Are you going to stop by Rudy's? I got some of their Turkey Rub with my summer order. It's not bad.

dsc02043aL.jpg

Here's the finished pics as promissed. The sausages are only about 3 inches long. Cant't remember what brand, but they are really tasty. I also threw on a an Italian fatty and a couple of pork steaks.

Attachments

• IMG_4580.JPG
    IMG_4580.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_4574.JPG
    IMG_4574.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_4575.JPG
    IMG_4575.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_4576.JPG
    IMG_4576.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_4581.JPG
    IMG_4581.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 81
Everything looks really good! So, how did you like the pork steak?

Looks tasty! How did the ribs turn out with the 2-2-1 method? I cooked some trimmed spares over the weekend and went 2.5-1.5-1 on them and they were pretty good. I'm thinking about cutting the time in foil to only 1 hour, though.

p.s. - What is a pork steak? Looks like a sliced butt. Is that right? If so, I'll echo thirdeye: How did you like it? If ya liked it, how did ya cook it?

Thanks for the pics!

Pork steaks were tasty. I just sampled one. Leaving them for mom when she house/dog sits for us. They were dusted with Dav's Klose pork rub. Smoked on the hottest spot until 160ish then foiled till 180ish. Back on hot grates to firm up a little.

2-2-1 went well on the ribs. Jury is still out on the Famous Dave's rub.

wow that food looks great need to do some of that this weekend

thanks for sharing

Back