A chip off the old block

ricksegers

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Don't mean to bore you with a daughter story but it is Q related...

The center of my universe (read 20 year old daughter) was in Austin, TX recently for the South by Southwest Music Conference. She said she wanted to find some good Texas BBQ (she makes me proud). Someone took her to one of the so-called legendary places. I couldn't wait to get her report..

"Well dad, it was probably okay in its day but it's just gone corporate..."

Pardon a dad's boast about his only child...

Rick

You shoulda gone too Rick.

ricksegers said:
Don't mean to bore you with a daughter story but it is Q related...

The center of my universe (read 20 year old daughter) was in Austin, TX recently for the South by Southwest Music Conference. She said she wanted to find some good Texas BBQ (she makes me proud). Someone took her to one of the so-called legendary places. I couldn't wait to get her report..

"Well dad, it was probably okay in its day but it's just gone corporate..."

Pardon a dad's boast about his only child...

Rick

Which one was it? I'm going to Austin in the end of April and I want to avoid that place.

corporate? sounds like one of the newer 'Rudy's'..... althought cant say i've ever had bad Q at Rudy's when i lived in austin. (i went to A&M too jgh)

You lived in Austin and went to A&M 2 hours away? Y?

Good report from your girl! Sounds like you trained her well. :D And now you have the opportunity to make her some real Q.

SXSW and Q gone corporate. I'll guess Stubb's.

Mark said:
You shoulda gone too Rick.

South by Southwest that is. Body piercings are optional

It hope it was stubb's and they did not ruin another place.

Bigmista said:

Gig em mod.

Didn't want to settle for second best! :lol:

It happens. Stubb's can be hit or miss. SXSW was the big clue. In fairness the crush of people has to make it tough for them to turn out a consistent above average product. It's also a great place for some Q and quality entertainment on the right night. Hope she enjoyed the trip, and Austin

Bigmista said:

cause i'm not a hippy.DUH...

plus.. i visted about 12 campuses around the country... and A&M's was the only one i liked plus it had great ratings for my major.

some of the losers...
Texas Tech was in the middle of friggin nowhere...and flat.. (stand on a 5 gal bucket, look east, and see the back of your head FLAT)
UT Austin was too crammed into the middle of downtown Austin
Cal Poly SLO was a hair too patchouli funk iykwim
UCLA was too expensive..
few others not worth mentioning...

Back