MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 05-16-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
HandsomeSwede
Full Fledged Farker

Default Catering company name change?

So a year ago my partner and I launch our catering biz with a new name that we also planned on using for comps: Fett Svin BBQ. It is Swedish and speaks to our cultural roots, we designed a Viking theme around the brand for logos, etc.

Now I hear through the grapevine that there is a Food Network show called Best in Smoke and one of the competitors is a restaurant called Fette Sau, German but pretty close.

With their national attention does my company now need a name change to avoid confusion?

Old 05-16-2011, 05:04 PM   #2
Stoke&Smoke
Babbling Farker

If they aren't in your area I don't think I'd worry much. Or you could apply for a trademark. Just an uninformed opinion...I'm not an attorney
KCBS CJ/TC #17139 Member ILBBQS
Too many cookers to list :crazy:
Stoke&Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 02:24 PM   #3
southernsmoker
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : JO

Up here each business name is checked by the Province prior to being granted a biz licence, if they're the same or close you have to change it. Not sure how it works down your way.

If it isn't in the same state, it's close but I wouldn't frett over it.
Gone brick n mortar :crazy:
southernsmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:31 PM   #4
bloqbeta
Found some matches.

Keep your name!