Latest inductee into the Zero's Club

CharredApron

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Please welcome me into the hall of fame as the latest inductee into the Zero's Club! I am proud to say that I earned this distinction for my latest entry in to the "Signature Dish" TD Here is my cook

Smoked some country style boneless pork ribs, low and slow
rendangribsready_zpsa886c4d1.jpg

Prepared a bouquet garner of star annise, cloves, and the peeled garlic and cinnamon

spicesrendang_zpsbf438c70.jpg

Combined the smoked prok chunks, cardamon, galanga, thickened coconut milk, lemongrass, desecrated cononut, and phut jalokia peppers (Ghost Pepers)

combinedrendange_zpsfa3bfbc0.jpg

Simmered all day on the kamodo @ 250 +/- served with grilled asparagus on a bed of jasmine rice
platedrendang_zps92f7145d.jpg

Welcome. Your next challenge is to enter the Throwdown Whiplash Club. To become a member, you must win one week, and get a zero the next week -- or vice-versa.

It takes a perfect balance of talent, and lack of talent, to join that club. :bow:

CD

Wow, looks great. So, how hot was it with the Ghost Peppers? How many did you use?

Wow, looks great. So, how hot was it with the Ghost Peppers? How many did you use?
I grow the peppers and this time of year I only have dried powder that I make to keep with my spices. I used 1/2 teaspoon and my wife was sweating pretty good and she eats spicy Thai all the time. Scale of 1-10 it was a 9.75
Thanks for lookin,
Jed

Welcome. Your next challenge is to enter the Throwdown Whiplash Club. To become a member, you must win one week, and get a zero the next week -- or vice-versa.

It takes a perfect balance of talent, and lack of talent, to join that club. :bow:

CD

not back to back weeks, but entries for me. zero to hero. :becky:

Congrats! It couldn't happen to a better man :-D

Ya know, a pickle would have brightened the plate.

Congrats on your Zero! :clap:

Now here's your certificate:

Purdy, isn't it?

:biggrin1:

I am a noob to the TD's. I have read the rules and have a question:

Can you vote for yourself? If so, does Zero Club membership mean you couldn't summon the fortitude to vote for your own dish?

David
The Swine Spectator

Back