MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-14-2013, 08:48 PM   #1
TosaJake
On the road to being a farker

Default Yoder YS640 Cart Question

Yoder owners, is the competition cart worth the extra money? I would store the smoker in my garage and would be rolling it out to use each time. I have smooth driveway, so without the cart shouldn't be a problem. Just curious if cart makes moving much more easier. My wife would also be moving the smoker on occasion. I also like the stainless shelves that are included with the cart i believe? Just looking for everyones 2 cents worth. Regards and Thanks!

Old 07-14-2013, 09:14 PM   #2
Stlbbqstore
Full Fledged Farker

Disclaimer...I am a Yoder dealer and have both units in stock and have sold both units. In your case I would say from a moving standpoint you do not need it. It was designed for competition cooks who travel thru gravel / grass.
$700 upgrade for cart with SS shelves ...personal opinion if it is worth it or not.

I just sold a a YS640 with black cart / SS shelves and man was it sharp looking !

Note I did a rough erasing job of customers team name
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image001.jpg (11.2 KB, 178 views)
[COLOR="Red"][B][FONT="Arial Narrow"]Authorized Dealer[/FONT][/B][/COLOR] for Yoder Smokers /RipTangle Smokers / Humphrey's Smokers / Backwoods Smokers / Shirley Fab / T&K Smokers / Gateway Drum Smokers /Meadow Creek / Camp Chef / Alfa Ovens / Green Mountain Grills / Kamado Joe / Memphis Grills / PK Grills / Blaze Gas Grills / Pit Barrel Cooker
[COLOR="Black"][B]Visit our Website[/B][/COLOR] - [URL="http://www.stlbbqstore.com"]www.stlbbqstore.com[/URL]
[COLOR="Black"][B]Like us on Facebook[/B] - [/COLOR][URL="https://[URL="http://www.stlbbqstore.com"]www.facebook.com/stlbbqstore[/URL]
Stlbbqstore is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-2013, 10:34 PM   #3
nucornhusker
Babbling Farker

I have the comp cart on my YS640. It stays stationary most of the time, but when it comes time to move it I'm really glad I got the cart. It rolls super easy over any terrain (I know your driveway is smooth) but since the wheels are pneumatic, not solid, the grill doesn't bang and rattle as you move it. Now I have never moved a standard model, but I have seen them and they are very solid, but there is no shock absorption with that one. The comp cart does due to the air in the tires.

The bottom line is you have to do what is right for you and your budget, but the comp cart looks awesome. It is just as much functional as it is good looking. Looking back I'm glad I spent the extra money and wouldn't go without unless the unit was completely stationary.

Old 07-14-2013, 11:12 PM   #4
Stlbbqstore
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucornhusker View Post
I have the comp cart on my YS640. It stays stationary most of the time, but when it comes time to move it I'm really glad I got the cart. It rolls super easy over any terrain (I know your driveway is smooth) but since the wheels are pneumatic, not solid, the grill doesn't bang and rattle as you move it. Now I have never moved a standard model, but I have seen them and they are very solid, but there is no shock absorption with that one. The comp cart does due to the air in the tires.

The bottom line is you have to do what is right for you and your budget, but the comp cart looks awesome. It is just as much functional as it is good looking. Looking back I'm glad I spent the extra money and wouldn't go without unless the unit was completely stationary.
Great points indeed nucornhusker..
[COLOR="Red"][B][FONT="Arial Narrow"]Authorized Dealer[/FONT][/B][/COLOR] for Yoder Smokers /RipTangle Smokers / Humphrey's Smokers / Backwoods Smokers / Shirley Fab / T&K Smokers / Gateway Drum Smokers /Meadow Creek / Camp Chef / Alfa Ovens / Green Mountain Grills / Kamado Joe / Memphis Grills / PK Grills / Blaze Gas Grills / Pit Barrel Cooker
[COLOR="Black"][B]Visit our Website[/B][/COLOR] - [URL="http://www.stlbbqstore.com"]www.stlbbqstore.com[/URL]
[COLOR="Black"][B]Like us on Facebook[/B] - [/COLOR][URL="https://[URL="http://www.stlbbqstore.com"]www.facebook.com/stlbbqstore[/URL]
Stlbbqstore is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-14-2013, 11:22 PM   #5
bigdogphin
is one Smokin' Farker

The front wheels on the regular cart aren't worth much... You will be much happier with the comp cart. The stainless shelf is awesome.

"Xquelibur" Black badazz Yoder Cimarron

Custom Yoder Frontiersman II and YS1500
Reverse FEC 100 & Right Handed FEC 100
1 UDS
Desert Thermapen W/ American flag
Green Thermapen
KCBS & PNWBA CBJ
bigdogphin is offline   Reply With Quote