MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

View Poll Results: Who should be the winner of the BBQ Brethren "Your Signature Dish" Throwdown?
AussieTitch 3 4.48%
Toast 3 4.48%
landarc 7 10.45%
BigButzBBQ 1 1.49%
Kathy's Smokin' 10 14.93%
beercuer 13 19.40%
jmoney7269 1 1.49%
fingerlickin' 1 1.49%
Phubar 9 13.43%
Hometruckin 0 0%
Gnaws on Pigs 8 11.94%
bigabyte 1 1.49%
boogiesnap 0 0%
chicagokp 8 11.94%
Oldyote 2 2.99%
Will work for bbq 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2013, 11:45 AM   #1
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Thumbs up ***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "Your Signature Dish" Throwdown - VOTE***

It is time to decide the winner of the "Your Signature Dish" Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Sunday 3/24.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name for more pics/info on the entries.

AussieTitch

Toast

landarc

BigButzBBQ

Kathys Smokin

beercuer

jmoney7269

fingerlickin'

Phubar

Hometruckin

Gnaws on Pigs

bigabyte

boogiesnap

chicagokp

Oldyote

Will work for bbq
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2013, 11:48 AM   #2
MS2SB
is One Chatty Farker

I will never not vote for Kathy's McRibs!
[B]Original Noobian Warlord
[/B]Loser of Known Space
MS2SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 03-18-2013, 02:06 PM   #3
Bluesman
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jon

This is really a tough one.......This will take some time. Great Entries all of them.
2010 Brick Red Touch n' Go Performer
Kitchen stove
Bluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:05 PM   #4
fingerlickin'
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Well this should be a walk in the park. The instructions clearly stated this was a signature dish TD and I only see one dish above with a signature on it. I'll be back to pick up my special cup on Monday or whenever Phil's done with it, thank you all for playing.

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - [I]Tommy Callahan III[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Backwoods Ext. Party,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkGreen] [COLOR=Black]Vision Kamado,[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkGreen][COLOR=DarkGreen][B][COLOR=Black] 22" WSM[/COLOR][/B],[/COLOR] 22.5 Weber OTS, [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Mini WSM, [/B][COLOR=Red][B] UDS "No.8"[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal] [COLOR=Black][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Napkin Killers BBQ[/COLOR]
[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
fingerlickin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:07 PM   #5
Big George's BBQ

Name/Nickname : George

They all look reall good Phus plate looked amazing
Mid Atlantic BBQ Association
KCBS
Back Porch BBQ Competition BBQ Team
Proud Member of the Zero Club

When all else fails ask yourself WWGALD
Big George's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:43 PM   #6
boogiesnap
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingerlickin' View Post
Well this should be a walk in the park. The instructions clearly stated this was a signature dish TD and I only see one dish above with a signature on it. I'll be back to pick up my special cup on Monday or whenever Phil's done with it, thank you all for playing.
well, rules are rules, yes.

but nowhere does it state one's signature must actually be ON the DISH

very clever though.

avatar by grillman. patent pending. :mad2::becky:
boogiesnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 03-18-2013, 11:54 PM   #7
fingerlickin'

Default Re: NOW POLLING -> ***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "Your Signature Dish" Throwdown - VOTE***

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogiesnap View Post
well, rules are rules, yes.

but nowhere does it state one's signature must actually be ON the DISH

Oh great heeer we go again! Biggie! Biggie! Boogie is picking on me again!

Fark it, I'll play along. No where does it say you don't need a signature either. Huh? Huh? I think we all know who does and doesn't like to follow rules around here by now. One day you will stop doubting me I just know it, I'll never give up on you boogie, I'll teach you to read yet. We are brothers after all. :)

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - [I]Tommy Callahan III[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Backwoods Ext. Party,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkGreen] [COLOR=Black]Vision Kamado,[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkGreen][COLOR=DarkGreen][B][COLOR=Black] 22" WSM[/COLOR][/B],[/COLOR] 22.5 Weber OTS, [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Mini WSM, [/B][COLOR=Red][B] UDS "No.8"[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Old 03-19-2013, 12:11 AM   #8
boogiesnap
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingerlickin' View Post
Oh great heeer we go again! Biggie! Biggie! Boogie is picking on me again!

Fark it, I'll play along. No where does it say you don't need a signature either. Huh? Huh? I think we all know who does and doesn't like to follow rules around here by now. One day you will stop doubting me I just know it, I'll never give up on you boogie, I'll teach you to read yet. We are brothers after all. :)

see ya later.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #9
fingerlickin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogiesnap View Post

see ya later.

Wow that's awesome, I never knew you played violin. Where are you going anyway? Bring me back a beer will ya?

[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Old 03-19-2013, 10:59 AM   #10
colonel00

I think he is going to an Air Supply concert based on the new avatar.

Anyway, great entries. I too am torn by the fact that I only see on signature. However, it is blurry and illegible so while I have to confirm that they are squiggly lines, I cannot say for sure that it is a signature. So, back to looking at all the great entries again.
[B][COLOR=red]WWWWFBBQADD[/COLOR][/B]
[B]0 out of 1 members found this post helpful[/B] :thumb:

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:30 AM   #11
fingerlickin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel00 View Post

Anyway, great entries. I too am torn by the fact that I only see on signature. However, it is blurry and illegible so while I have to confirm that they are squiggly lines, I cannot say for sure that it is a signature. So, back to looking at all the great entries again.

Hey, have you ever tried to sign the inside of the bowl with a dry erase marker and keep it legible? It took me like 50 tries to get that scribble.

[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
Old 03-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #12
deguerre

The Cow Powed brisket and buttered noodles were good sides too btw...
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:56 PM   #13
Will work for bbq
Babbling Farker

I had to go with Phu because going through the cook threads there was one image that was instantly identifiable to me.

Plus the food looked great and he made peas.

I also really liked Jason's entry but I feel his signature would have been more valuable to a collector if it also had the number of his "Here...hold my beer" racing car.

Agent 000 (Double O Zero)
Certified MOINK Baller

When all else fails just ask yourself, WWGALD???
Super sexy Farkernaut Avatar by N8man

Will work for bbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:28 PM   #14
boogiesnap
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel00 View Post

*time out*

AIR SUPPLY!!!??? that's andy gibb there fella!

*time in*

Old 03-19-2013, 10:17 PM   #15
Kathy's Smokin'
Babbling Farker

I just spent over an hour reading through the entry threads. Great grub in this signature series! Since the number of entries increased I've had to devise a chart and point system to keep TD deliciousness straight. Two top contenders for me are Aussie Titch's Beggars Chicken and Chicagokp's tamales. Really tough decision.

I'm voting for tamales because I love them soooo much, I didn't know how to make them before reading the cook thread but now I do, I haven't been to my favourite tamale shop in Toronto for a long time and I really want to eat all of the tamales Chicagokp made. Sigh. Computer screen tamales are a tease.
[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][I][B]Inspiration, boisterous merriment and good food are what Brethren Throwdowns are about![/B][/I][/URL]

[B][I][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Walk in beauty, Dan Chambers.[/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]I am a success in life because I am loved.[/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR="Lime"][I][B]"^^^ the fark is what u eats the frog wit not? Ban Ban"[/B][/I] [I][B]Southernsmoker[/B][/I][/COLOR]
Kathy's Smokin' is offline   Reply With Quote