MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-18-2012, 10:43 PM   #1
Fishawn
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Grilling/Smoking Cabbage & Vegetables..... Thoughts? Suggestions?

First time grilling-smoking cabbage..... Sliced about 1/4" thick, drizzled with EVOO, Kosher, CBP, Honey, rice wine vinegar, soy, sesame oil, brown sugar, Worcestershire & Mad Hunky.... Mixed well & let site for about 1 hour...... Grill-smoked directly over heat & basted with the remaining "marinade" , turning & basting about every 6-8 minutes or so until cook & some areas of "char" ..... I loved it, but the wife said too smokey for her tastes.

Any thoughts on different ways to prepare or other veggies?

Thanks in advance!

Old 07-19-2012, 08:47 AM   #2
Marwendholt
On the road to being a farker

I like to cut out the core of a cabbage then rub the whole thing with butter and some seasoninge then ill put some cut up onions and garlic in the core hole and smear more butter in there. Then i wrap the whole head in faoil and plop in on my smoker until its tender all the way through.

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-19-2012, 08:59 AM   #3
Redhot
is One Chatty Farker

I never thought of doing cabbage on the grill, nice! Get some asparagus, drizzle with EVOO, salt and pepper and toss those in that grill pan you have. Grill direct over and just roll them around every few minutes til done (5-7 min.) We love asparagus this way. We've also done baby carrots drizzled with balsamic vinegar and of course there's always taters.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS]GOSM "Bubba Q", Stovetop Smoker "Lazy Girl", ET-73[/FONT][/FONT]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=navy]Avatar by NorthwestBBQ[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
Redhot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2012, 11:20 AM   #4
duvall9999
Found some matches.

I cut out the core and stuff a whole stick of butter with some garlic gloves and some seasonings. Drape six or seven pieces of Bacon over the top and wrap in tin foil leaving just the top open for some smoke flavor. Put in smoker for about four hours until tender.
duvall9999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2012, 11:25 AM   #5
MS2SB
is One Chatty Farker

Here's a really good thread from about a week ago with lots of good veggie ideas.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh....php?p=2127497
[B]Original Noobian Warlord
[/B]Loser of Known Space
MS2SB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #6
Chezmatt
Full Fledged Farker

Try smoked cole slaw:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=136299
22.5" WSM (x2) /[COLOR=Orange][B] Orange [/B][/COLOR]& [B]Black [/B]Mini-WSM / Lion gas grill / [COLOR="SeaGreen"][B]Green[/B][/COLOR] Weber Performer / [COLOR="Red"][B]Red[/B][/COLOR] & [COLOR="gold"][B] Gold [/B][/COLOR] Mini-WSM / XL Big Green Egg
Chezmatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #7
buccaneer
somebody shut me the fark up.

Slice zucchini, eggplant and onion and rub with garlic and herb grapeseed oil and grill along with mushrooms, a tray of small tomatoes baked 20 minutes and a drizzle of EVOO and vinegar S&P= heaven.
Great with motza cheese too.
Stuffed bell peppers.
Mushroom and breadcrumbs and cheese stuffed tomatoes I LOVE!

Old 07-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #8
Fishawn
is one Smokin' Farker

Great Stuff all. A buddy just told me he cuts cabbage into 1" thick slices, hits it with EVOO, Kosher & CBP then grills it over a HOT fire. Said its awesome. Gonna have to try that also.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:26 PM   #9
juslearning
is one Smokin' Farker

Quarter the cabbage, onion, BUTTER!!!, fresh garlic, salt n pepper, lil worchesteshire wrapped in foil like a basket so you can open the top and test for tenderness. Wife's favorite!!!!
Proud supporter of #14 Tony Stewart. Go Smoke!!!!
juslearning is offline   Reply With Quote