• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Other uses for NC style bbq sauce.

R

Rolltide87

I'm a big fan of the vinegar based NC bbq sauce, but the only use I know for it is putting on pulled pork. Any other uses you guys know of (and not just putting it on more other meats) for this piquant sauce?

Shot glass of Scott's for sore throats....

410h+8RpqZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

French fries, homemade tater chips, scrambled eggs, my favorite non BBQ to put it on is collard to turnip greens.

Works great on really rich cuts like chopped beef.

I also like putting a dash into soups for that tang and spice, adds a touch of complexity which really brings things together. Try this experiment. Make a can of creamy tomato soup and take a taste before and after a dash of NC juice. Really makes a world of difference.

I use it to baste wings with, comes out awesome. Cook the wings at 350 with a little apple smoke for 30 minutes and then hit them with some sauce every 10-15 min until they're done.

Shot glass of Scott's for sore throats....

410h+8RpqZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
^^ This. ....Oh, and top of Johnny Cakes, Baked 'Taters, add some to Smashed 'Taters, Mustard and Collard Greens and.................................

Soak the entire foot in it. It will soften corns and callouses.

Grandaddy uses just a 'touch' of it to 'cut' his Moonshine and believe me, there ain't none finer to be had in the southeast.......:thumb:

Use with a can of tuna and a little rub for a totally different tuna salad.

a dash can liven up greens (not just colards and turnips) but spinache green beans asparagus etc...

Thanks for the advice guys. The tuna thing sounds interesting

Someone wanna kick down their Bloody Mary recipe?
Simple and easy..........................................................

A tall glass of V-8 juice Ice Cold..................................

Add a double shot of Scott's BBQ Sauce and Granddaddy's Moonshine......

Garnish with a stalk of celery with the leaves in the drink........................

Kick-Back, Sip and Enjoy.........................................................

It don't get no better.......................................................:mrgreen:

Simple and easy..........................................................

A tall glass of V-8 juice Ice Cold..................................

Add a double shot of Scott's BBQ Sauce and Granddaddy's Moonshine......

Garnish with a stalk of celery with the leaves in the drink........................

Kick-Back, Sip and Enjoy.........................................................

It don't get no better.......................................................:mrgreen:

Hmmm, different then the scorpian bloody mary's I make here on the left coast. I'd love to try it, but I fear it won't be close to the "real thing" without Grandpappy's Moonshine. I guess I'll have to wait until I grace the birthplace of BBQ with my presence.

Back