MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:44 PM   #1
Just Smokin' Around
Full Fledged Farker

Default Maryland BBQ Bash - Bel Air, MD 8/13,14

They've added room for more teams this year - last count was 70+. Always a good time and hot. Hopefuylly, the heat will take a break this year. Who's in? Just Smokin' Around will be there.
Medium BGE, Weber Kettle and gasser, other toys
Just Smokin' Around is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-03-2010, 11:45 AM   #2
Kit R
Full Fledged Farker

Degüello BBQ is in. Been trying to find a list of competitors but no luck so far. Hope the power situation will hold enough for us to keep a little air blowing in the trailer.

Old 08-03-2010, 12:06 PM   #3
Jacked UP BBQ
Babbling Farker

Jacked up bbq will be there vending and competing

Ocean County Pig Assassins competition team retired and is now known as Jacked UP BBQ

Fec 750
Fec 100
Large Spicewine
Jacked UP BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-03-2010, 05:29 PM   #4
DCFIREMANN
On the road to being a farker

The DCFD Team will be there as well!!!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
1- JR ENTERPRISES 60-23
1 SOUTHERN PRIDE BBR-79
1 SOUTHERN PRIDE SPK-500
WEBER RANCH KETTLE
2-WEBER 26.75 GOLD KETTLES

The DC Fire Department Firefighting BBQ Team!
DCFIREMANN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-03-2010, 09:29 PM   #5
Just Smokin' Around
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit R View Post
Degüello BBQ is in. Been trying to find a list of competitors but no luck so far. Hope the power situation will hold enough for us to keep a little air blowing in the trailer.
Don't bank on the power being able to run an AC unit unless you can run it on a 120v GFCI plug. You may even have a difficult time with your trailer. I would contact Scott or Craig asap if you plan on bringing it. Space is tight in Bel Air and I've rarely seen any trailers or mobile homes there. As the information packet says "Limited electricity will be available, but please bring a long extension cord. Water and Ice will be available nearby. Almost all spaces are 20 by 25 feet. " They may have some newer sites since they're expanding the number of teams. I don't want to see you show up and be surprised. Good luck.
Medium BGE, Weber Kettle and gasser, other toys

Last edited by Just Smokin' Around; 08-03-2010 at 09:55 PM..
Just Smokin' Around is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-08-2010, 09:33 AM   #6
Kit R
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Smokin' Around View Post
Don't bank on the power being able to run an AC unit unless you can run it on a 120v GFCI plug. You may even have a difficult time with your trailer. I would contact Scott or Craig asap if you plan on bringing it. Space is tight in Bel Air and I've rarely seen any trailers or mobile homes there. As the information packet says "Limited electricity will be available, but please bring a long extension cord. Water and Ice will be available nearby. Almost all spaces are 20 by 25 feet. " They may have some newer sites since they're expanding the number of teams. I don't want to see you show up and be surprised. Good luck.
Thanks Bill that's good advice. In fact, I'd been advised about space and electric issues in advance. I spoke with Scott last month to make sure we'd have adequate space. Our trailer is 22' and he assured me we'd be OK. On the power side of things we can run our trailer on 120v. A/C's a small unit (11,000 BTU). We ran it at Middletown with no problem, but of course that's a completely different venue. Bringing fans just in case. Any other tips or advice on the event much appreciated.

Old 08-08-2010, 05:18 PM   #7
Boshizzle
somebody shut me the fark up.

I'll be there. Hopefully, I will get a chance to meet some of the brethren.

Old 08-09-2010, 06:01 AM   #8
The Virginian
On the road to being a farker

Default Yep

Free Range BBQ will be there.

Brett
The Virginian is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-09-2010, 09:00 AM   #9
Kit R
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit R View Post
Thanks Bill that's good advice. In fact, I'd been advised about space and electric issues in advance. I spoke with Scott last month to make sure we'd have adequate space. Our trailer is 22' and he assured me we'd be OK. On the power side of things we can run our trailer on 120v. A/C's a small unit (11,000 BTU). We ran it at Middletown with no problem, but of course that's a completely different venue. Bringing fans just in case. Any other tips or advice on the event much appreciated.
Just spoke with Melissa (Scott's Executive Assistant). Yep they knew about my trailer and size needs and said no problem. She told me they're expecting several big motor coaches too. Always good to ask, and I really appreciate your suggestion that I confirm everything Bill.

Old 08-14-2010, 05:50 AM   #10
Brauma
somebody shut me the fark up.

I just talked with John AKA Chicken Salad, and Rick AKA BeerGuy, of the Pigs on the Run team. They say everything looks good. I told them to set the Lang on fire and win the bich! Dang I wish I could be there. My job is getting in the way of a lot of fun.

Community Development VP - Secret Squirrel Society (but we don't exist)
Member: KCBS. CBJ

New Braunfels Bandera - refurbished; Two Big Green Eggs; 6' fire pit; Weber Kettles; Superfast Blue Thermepan
Brauma is offline   Reply With Quote