• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ at the Rocke

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
The 1st Occassional BBQ at the Rocke contest is in the books. This contest was put on at the home of C-Rocke and was a great practice for the upcoming season. The three categories were chicken, tri-tip and ribs. Brisket was an optional category and did not cout towards GC. Here are the results:

Chicken
1. Smell My Butts (gstanle)
2. Burnt by the Best (Bentley)
3. Rancho Rocke BBQ (C-Rocke)
4. Funtime BBQ
5. Red Oak Restaurant
6. Four Q BBQ (Bigmista, Sylvie, et al)
7. BBQ to Die For

Tri-Tip
1. Burnt by the Best (Bentley)
2. BBQ to Die For
3. Four Q BBQ (Bigmista, Sylvie, et al)
4. Funtime BBQ
5. Rancho Rocke BBQ (C-Rocke)
6. Red Oak Restaurant
7. Smell My Butts (gstanle)

Ribs
2. Four Q BBQ (Bigmista, Sylvie, et al)
3. BBQ to Die For
4. Smell My Butts (gstanle)
5. Rancho Rocke BBQ (C-Rocke)
6. Red Oak Restaurant
7. Funtime BBQ

Brisket
2. Funtime BBQ
3. Rancho Rocke BBQ (C-Rocke)

Grand Champion:
Burnt by the Best (Bentley)
Reserve GC: Four Q BBQ
(Bigmista, Sylvie, et al)

This was really a great event. I would like to personally thank C-Rocke, his family and his neighbors for allowing us smoke up their neighborhood. I would also like to that the members of the CBBQA and the certified bbq judges who participated. They actually filled out extra comment cards to tell us why we got the scores that we did. That was very helpful. Lastly, I would like to that Bentley's mom who turned 81 yesterday and celebrated by baking all of the prizes for the winners.

It was really a fun day! Pics later after I recuperate.

Thanks

Was a great day, and thanks to everyone who was able to be there to cook and talk and eat. We enjoyed meeting everyone, and we will do this again soon! Special thanks to the judges and the Merediths!

The Rockes

Besides the brethren listed in the results, we also had a visit from Norcoredneck and Single Fin Smoker. It was great to see you guys!

Looks like a great day and a great showing, Mista, Silvie et al!

Win, loose or draw. As long as everybody had a great time and great eats is all that matters. Sounds like the brothers had a great time.
Thanks for the photos as well Neil.

Mike

Great Pics Mista....Looks Like a Good Time was had by all too!!

Now thats the kinda contest I wish I could find around here. Something small and fun. Not say their all not fun.

Why not host one? I'm sure there are lots of brethren around you that would appreciate a chance to tune up and I know there are a bunch of cbj's here. It's also a chance for people who have never competed before to get a taste of what it's like.

Another cool thing we did was to have all of the teams prepare enough of each meat to have samples for the other teams. You never get to try the other teams food in a contest so this way you know what wins and what doesn't.

I went back and titled all of the pics so you can figure out who's who!

Fattie

Got to taste a fattie for the frist time yesterday, and since it was Bigmista's it was Outstanding! I want them as trophies next event!

I miss more BBQ events by being around for my family. I did not think I was going to be able to make this event with all the honey dos I had on the list, and now it seems the wife no longer can drive on weekends....

Glad you and the others had a good time, hoping to catch up and see you all at the Autry. Even the Mrs. is looking forward to that.

Back