Help me figure out what to make!

qposner

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Stepdaughter's 4th birthday party Saturday. Will have perhaps 20 adults here plus kids. Kids get cheap pizza. Trying to think up what to make on the Traeger for the adults but am feeling uninspired. I don't have a ton of room since I only have the Lil Tex Elite. So, not enough space for ribs. Pulled pork and wings don't sound all that good to me right now either. Also, I'm not that good with brisket yet, but my reputation is strong with other items. So I have that reputation to uphold! :)

Pepper stout beef maybe? Let's hear your ideas!

I'd second fatties. You can do a few different ones like pizza, breakfast, naked, bacon, turkey, hot, etc. depending on people's tastes. They are easy, good and a little different for most.

Sausage is similar. You could do a few different store bought ones and maybe cook some peppers and onions.

PSB is a great option. Maybe chicken quarters.

With groups I like variety because chances are there will be a picky eater.

Maybe cook several tri tips. It's super easy and you can pre-slice and keep it warm in a crock pot or something. People can just pile the tri tip on their plate or make a sandwich with provided warm rolls and some warm sauce. I've done this a few times for a big crowd. Chili beans and salads including coleslaw for sides work well for the meal.

All good ideas! I have two tri tips in the freezer as well.

You can do a butt sliced instead of pulled. You could do crown roast instead.

Pulled pork will give you the most bang with limited space. You'll have enough for the kids too.

what to make on the Traeger for the adults but am feeling uninspired.
I'd do a butt to 160 and cube it and add more rub and sauce, pan it, run up the temp and take it to
nice and tasty -
PORK BURNT ENDS!!!

Back