• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Kennesaw Pigs & Peaches Backyard Pics

MattG

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I wanted to start up my old BBQ team Pot's BBQ (named after our daughter). I asked my wife/kids and a couple of friends if they were interested in doing Kennesaw (Backyard). Some said yes so that was all that I needed. Our teamed showed up around 12pm and started to unload all of our stuff. My son Fuller was excited that he was able to skip school to "help us" and his sisters had to stay in school. The Pigs and Peaches staff really did a nice job. They were very helpful and were always asking if we needed anything. The only real complaint that I have is a few Jerks kept throwing their water out and it ran down to us.:mad2: We were at the end of the parking lot and all water pooled up by our site. The first time it happened it was a team near the top of the parking lot and they soaked a team's wood and lump. We had a firefighter crew next to us and way they cleaned their table was to pull it out and wash it off with a hose. :shocked::shocked::shocked: Have mercy. Other than that we had a great time and was able to meet a lot of the Brethren that were there. The greatest thing about the whole comp was that my wife and kids were there. Here are some pics of our set up and food. What would you score our turn in's? Thanks everyone.
Our set up
IMG_3648.jpg

IMG_3649.jpg

Cooked on a Trager and Weber 22.5
IMG_3647.jpg

Kids Pigen Around
IMG_3656.jpg

Fuller loved riding the Big Pig
IMG_3661.jpg

IMG_3681.jpg

Stan working on the box
IMG_3675.jpg

Ribs and wraped butts
IMG_3679.jpg

Im glad that I cooked extra ribs. Burnt 3 racks and almost all of the bones were crooked.:tsk:
IMG_3684.jpg

Chicken Box
IMG_3683.jpg

Rib Box
IMG_3685.jpg

Pork Box :doh:
IMG_3688.jpg

Looked good to me, i met you at the cooks meeting and some of the other
brethren. What a fun weekend, but boy it was hot. Are you guys doing winder
this coming weekend? If so, come over and say hi.

Hot Sauce Hoss

Yeah I heard something about those ribs not being good before you turned them in :rolleyes:. Then they ended up doing "ok" :p. We'll be at winder as well. Can't remember if you all signed up too.

I might swing by Fri. night. I'm cooking for our church Friday night. (400 people) the next one that i know that we will do is in Clevland Ga.

Kennesaw just keeps getting bigger and better!

We had the same problem with water runoff with a neighboring team draining their cooler, but I caught it quickly and asked them politely to dump in the grass instead. They were nice about it and we reciprocated by offering them the use of our portable sink unit. Most of the time it's pretty easy to get teams to work together at comps, but you need to speak up as soon as you notice a potential problem.

We'll be in Winder too. Come by and say howdy!

-Gowan Fenley
Johnny Mitchell's Smokehouse

We were happy with everything at Kennesaw and have been in the past. Well everything except Sue having to climb in and out of the dump bed of the landscaping cart. I like the back side but it does have that long walk or ride.

We were happy with everything at Kennesaw and have been in the past. Well everything except Sue having to climb in and out of the dump bed of the landscaping cart. I like the back side but it does have that long walk or ride.

True enough Chet.

Turn in has become more of an issue since they added ten more teams at the bottom of the hill. I'll mention to Laurel and Kimberly that golf carts would be preferable to Gators as turn-in shuttles. I think it's probably time for them to up the payouts a notch too, since the event has become such a monster.

Back