MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:14 PM   #766
DaveMW
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameraman View Post
I take the charcoal grill from my smokey joe and put it on the crescent shaped weber charcoal holders. That does the trick.

There is a great solution right there.
Weber Jumbo Joe "AH" - Black
[FONT=Century Gothic]Weber Smoky Joe "F"- Black[/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic]Weber Genesis - Black[/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic]Weber Go-Anywhere - Black[/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic]UDS - which surprisingly is not black[/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic]Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain Smoker[/FONT]
DaveMW is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2012, 02:43 PM   #767
pueblo
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMW View Post
There is a great solution right there.
A little more detail for this slow poke would be appreciated ... cuz seems to me the bottom part of the crescents already support the existing charcoal grill, and the top part already supports the existing food grill.
pueblo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-31-2012, 06:12 AM   #768
cameraman
Babbling Farker

Weber makes crescent shaped baskets to hold charcoal off to the sides for indirect cooking. They're about four inches high and maybe a foot long. I use them on top of the kettle charcoal grate to boost up the smokey joe grate. Then I put the charcoal on the smokey joe grate which is now four inches closer to the cooking grate.
Smokey Joe (RIP)
a dorky little headlamp[/COLOR]
cameraman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #769
SQURILEY STUBBS
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Hey ya'll this is my first post and I want to say I love this site. Now with that out of the way I got my first weber kettle grill 22.5 in about 10 years ago from my grandpa who gave me his old one because he upgraded, come to find out through this site the weber I have is 1 year younger than I am and I'm 26. Last year I bought a little smokey joe to take with me on camping trips and to football games or what not (Go Chiefs).
SQURILEY STUBBS is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2012, 01:32 AM   #770
bigluelok

I cant wait to get me a kettle or 2 looking on craigslist for a good deal
bigluelok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2012, 09:59 AM   #771
Bludawg
somebody shut me the fark up.

I cook allot of skirt & hanger steak for Fajitas, I take the grate out and lay the meat directly on the coals. Perfect sear every time.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #772
V-wiz
is One Chatty Farker

Nice, im looking for one on CL but i cant find any at a reasonable price, there is one being sold for $60, its a 22.5". Is it worth it?

Old 06-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #773
Craig0648

that is incredible
Craig0648 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #774
Smoothsmoke
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-wiz View Post
Nice, im looking for one on CL but i cant find any at a reasonable price, there is one being sold for $60, its a 22.5". Is it worth it?
Take your pick.
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...070225360.html
Smoothsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #775
V-wiz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothsmoke View Post

Awesome, perfect, thank you. I didnt see that one listed. The green one is a one touch gold right?

Old 06-12-2012, 11:45 AM   #776
Smoothsmoke
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-wiz View Post
Awesome, perfect, thank you. I didnt see that one listed. The green one is a one touch gold right?
Yup, and for $35, that would be a great deal.

Old 06-12-2012, 11:48 AM   #777
V-wiz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Yup, and for $35, that would be a great deal.

Ya really, now if the seller can respond to my email that would be great.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:03 PM   #778
jkristie44

Good story behind my new weber 22.5 purchase.

It's Memorial day. Need to grill out! My grill has seen better days, so I decide it's time to replace her. She served well. Chargriller Duo. Gas one side, charcoal on the other. I mainly ended up using the charcoal side. The gas side lasted like 1.5 years until the burners rusted out and the grates were toast. Good grill, just not built for the Florida salty air I guess.

So, me and the wife decide to put that old junker out on the front of the driveway along with an old weed whacker, and a reel mower that I never use. Had to make room in my shed for my new wheels I got for my Jeep! Given fact, if you put stuff out in front of the house, people will take it. No need to call the trash company for a bulk pick up.

So out it goes. Hop online, order me a new grill from Wal-Mart. Yup I am that lazy, or just hate people that much. I'd rather order online and have them email me when pick up is ready, than deal with sitting in Wal-Mart and waiting in Memorial Day lines. Anyway, 3 hours later I get an email to come pick up my grill at the Site to Store Pick Up Area. NICE! No lines, no idiots to deal with, just show the receipt and go!

Well here is what I got. Gonna test the 10 year no rust or burn through of the Weber 22.5 Sliver Kettle Grill.

Anyway, While I am putting the new grill together, I hear my wife say "James, get in here! You gotta see this" So I head to the front of the house, look out the window, and there is this guy in some kind of Camry or Hyundai trying to fit my old grill in his trunk. Old grill is pretty damn big, and there aint no way that's gonna happen. So he gets this Brilliant Idea to tie it to his trunk and drag it like a trailer. Wife said you should go help him, I say NO WAY. I am not going to be responsible for his dumb ideas. He kills someone in the process, I want my hands to be clean. So I just sit there and watch this full out nimrod for a bit when all of a sudden, some red neck trash warrior drives by on a motorized bicycle with a child's wagon as a trailer. I was at a loss. Never seen suck redneckery! He stops, rummages through what was left, and take a cooler I think. Zips down the street and turns around. Just as he passed by on his motorized Schwinn with a little tikes wagon, the brainiac with the rusted out grill tied to his Datsun peels away slowly.

Needless to say, after all this laughing at the bizarre douchbaggery, I find out my wife videoed the whole thing from her cell phone.

I drop an F bomb or two so I would keep the sound down at work. Filmed on a cell phone from inside the house, so quality is meh.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=PEF5ydE_8R4

So like any normal redneck, I bring my grill to the front yard and cook some steaks with my boy and Larry the Cat. To teach them the fine art of cooking on a kettle.

End product. NY Strip topped with feta and some roasted peppers.

I like my kettle so much, I picked up an 18 inch yesterday off craigs list for 30 bucks. Damn near brand new.

jkristie44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2012, 12:06 PM   #779
Smoothsmoke
Babbling Farker

Don't sweat it if it's sold. I used to live in L.A. and in my time there have seen numerous kettles pop up through out each week. Just have to act fast.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:09 PM   #780
V-wiz
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Don't sweat it if it's sold. I used to live in L.A. and in my time there have seen numerous kettles pop up through out each week. Just have to act fast.

Yes true, thanks again

Tags
appreciation threads, kettle, Weber, weber kettle, weber kettle methods, weber kettle mods