MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:35 PM   #226
mark2215
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKChad View Post
I'll add something not to display the loading when updates are set to a fast rate, I thought that might be a problem, I just hate doing ops that could take a while w/o feedback.

Let me know if u have any other suggestions.

Thanks!
I really like the little pig gauges but on my phone, when all 4 are displayed at once it makes the numbers difficult to read. Maybe have the option to have a page with just digital readouts of temps and time. The set temps would be good to have along with the current temps on this page.
mark2215 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-17-2012, 07:44 PM   #227
HKChad
Got Wood.

Sounds goods, I can so that.

Thanks!

Old 08-17-2012, 07:51 PM   #228
mark2215
Found some matches.

I can change the name of the pit but if I try to change the names of the foods I get a force close. This happens whether the service is running or not.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:53 PM   #229
pohlmeyr
Found some matches.

i am running win 7 and am not familiar with the firmare upload procedures. I can get to the command prompt but not sure the full string or what folders i should have the firmare files in. Any help or walthrough would be great
pohlmeyr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #230
mark2215
Found some matches.

download the users manual pdf from bbq guru website. They give very good instructions fur upgrading.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:06 PM   #231
pohlmeyr
Found some matches.

5. *Upload the controller web pages to the CyberQ Wifi: >tftp –i 192.168.101.10 put tcimage.bin (your ip address may differ)
6. *Upload the controller firmware to the CyberQ Wifi: >tftp –i 192.168.101.10 put tcboot.bin (your ip address may differ)

This is where i am lost. In the instructions it does not say what folder the files should be in. I am also not sure about what to place in the destination, is this the ip of the bbq guru? sorry for my ignorance

Old 08-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #232
mark2215
Found some matches.

once you open the command prompt window navigate to whatever folder you have the files in. If you don't know what I'm talking about put the files right on c:\ then when you get to the command prompt type cd / and then start the tftp commands.

Yes, if your cyberq isn't 192.168.101.10 change that to whatever it is.

Old 08-17-2012, 08:48 PM   #233
HKChad
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2215 View Post
I can change the name of the pit but if I try to change the names of the foods I get a force close. This happens whether the service is running or not.
Does this happen consistently or only if you try switching view and changing a bunch of settings? Can you reproduce it with a set number of steps? The only way I can get it to force close is when I get a out of memory which is related to the gauge view. If you can give me steps to reproduce it I'll see if I can track it down. If it happens consistently can you take a screen shot of your Control Status page and let me know what you are trying to set the names to?

Chad

Old 08-17-2012, 10:03 PM   #234
RitchieA
Found some matches.

Hi guys download new firmware and Plams updated software. I ran two cooks one 18 hrs and one 16 hours. I did not have a problem. I had forward the port on my router and was able to check and change temp from work. Because I use a offset smoker I had to check fan usage and able to tell when I needed more fuel. So I call my friend to go and put a log in. Beats running back home to check on it. Does any one know when the Ipad 3 app is going to be out?
RitchieA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-18-2012, 07:40 AM   #235
appdesigngeeks
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitchieA View Post
Hi guys download new firmware and Plams updated software. I ran two cooks one 18 hrs and one 16 hours. I did not have a problem. I had forward the port on my router and was able to check and change temp from work. Because I use a offset smoker I had to check fan usage and able to tell when I needed more fuel. So I call my friend to go and put a log in. Beats running back home to check on it. Does any one know when the Ipad 3 app is going to be out?
The iPad 3 version will be available in the next week. I just have to update so code to adjust to the retina display.
appdesigngeeks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2012, 06:18 PM   #236
pohlmeyr
Found some matches.

looking forward to the ipad 3 version

Old 08-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #237
appdesigngeeks
Got Wood.

Default BBQ Remote App Update

We have fixed the issue with the Target Temp not saving correctly. You go the website and download the latest version 0.4.

http://www.appdesigngeeks.com/bbqguru/bbqremote.html

Thanks
appdesigngeeks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2012, 01:49 AM   #238
imott
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by appdesigngeeks View Post
We have fixed the issue with the Target Temp not saving correctly. You go the website and download the latest version 0.4.

http://www.appdesigngeeks.com/bbqguru/bbqremote.html

Thanks
Works PERFECTLY here!

Last edited by imott; 08-24-2012 at 01:49 AM.. Reason: now
imott is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-29-2012, 06:52 PM   #239
FyrPit
Found some matches.

Wanted to give a shout out to palmtreefrb (Rick). Appreciate all the extra time and effort into getting me up and running on the new version of your software. Looking forward to trying it and the new Firmware this weekend! Appreciate all the time and effort you have put into this application.
Rebel 23' Smoker
Gateway Drum Smoker
XL Big Green Egg
Large Big Green Egg
Dragon Breath Lump Charcoal Dealer
FyrPit is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-03-2012, 08:14 PM   #240
ultra800_96
Found some matches.

I received my new CyberQ Wifi this last week & tried it out yesterday. It already had firmware 1.1 installed, so I didn't need to do that. I tried installing Palms software on my XP computer but kept getting an error on opening that it wasn't a true 32 bit application. I was able to get infrastucture set up & working, so I just kept track of it with the web page app & my ipod, kept logged times, etc manually in excell. It worked great! Got a full 6 hours (versus 4-5 hrs) in my old modded SNPP using lump in charcoal basket, & have some left over after it choked out. Today I installed Palms software on my other Vista Basic computer I have & the install of the program went flawlessly. Although I didn't fire up the smoker, everything seems to work perfectly with the probes & fan plugged in. Quick response with changing set temps, etc. Thanks Rick for your work on this.

To the others having trouble with infrastructure..I also thought mine wouldn't connect after first setting it up. After getting fed up, I walked away from it for a while, came back 15 minutes later & it had finally found my network & connected. For some reason, it takes a long time, sometimes 15-20 minutes to connect. I don't know if there's something I'm not setting correctly yet, but it does connect finally & stays connected. Are any of you out there also experiencing this?