MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-03-2014, 09:30 PM   #46
VisaliaIPA
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
Bravo! I was going to say "relax, don't worry, have a homebrew", but you did and sounds like you had a good meal.
My home brew is in the fermenter right now.....just did a batch on New Years Eve.

Here's the burnt ends.........they turned out most excellent.

VisaliaIPA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2014, 09:38 PM   #47
madavis303
Got Wood.

Congratulations on the brisket!
madavis303 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-04-2014, 12:12 AM   #48
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtBurner View Post
NEVER COOK A BRISKEY TO TEMP!!

PROBE TENDER THICKEST PART OF THE FLAT!!

comon man, behave!!!

Almost four years and we still be telling people dis.
Facebook
Pitmaster T is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2014, 12:40 AM   #49
Know Bull
On the road to being a farker

Let me go a completely different direction.

I bet you never seasoned your cooker......

Spray the whole inside down with non-stick spray (like Pam) and then run it through a cycle of several hours at the 275 to 300 with no food in cooker. The walls will get a little black. For some reason, this will make the temperature swings smaller.

Old 01-04-2014, 02:12 AM   #50
Bigr314
Babbling Farker

Nice looking burnt ends. Good job. Just relax. That is what its all about.Sitting back and enjoying your cook.
Shirley Fabrication 24x50 RF with warmer(Boss Hogg)

Tab Benoit- Must listen to this artist. A cross between southern blues,Stevie Ray, and Louisiana cajun. Great listening while having a brew and tending the stick burner.
Bigr314 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2014, 02:58 AM   #51
BigBellyBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

for guys trying to achieve a good product, it does not matter what type of meat, when its done its done..HOWEVER, untill you learn your cooker, you have to know what the meat is doing. You need temp probes at cooking level and temp probes in the meat, so you can track the tendencies, the stalls...When you are starting things are confusing..yes, probe till tender, but everyone gets woried and they will be sticking it like a porkupine pin cushion..
one thing to remmeber is you dont want to open your pit, run external wires to monitor the temps and write down every hour your temp of meat and temp of pit. I dont like to wrap, as I feel it hurts the texture, however if you do stick that probe tru the paper or foil and dont poke till 185 or so..
once you are comfortable, its not a big deal, but montitor from outside, and once you chart a few you will see tendencies of wierd stalls, then all of a sudden a climb in temp...
Finds a sweet spot for your pits cooking temp and also remembr outside air temp with wind factors, especially with a smaller pit. you will be fine!!

Old 01-04-2014, 05:32 AM   #52
Diesel Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Looks like you done real good from here

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe
Diesel Dave is offline   Reply With Quote