MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 03-09-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
mobow
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Sams Club Baton Rouge LA

Was on the KCBS web page and noticed that the Sams Club registration page is open till they fill all the cook and judge spots. Judge spots were available in Baton Rouge. I love a good road trip so I registered myself and my wife. We are now registered for Baton Rouge in May and Overland Park in July. Also noticed there are 5 spots left for teams in Santa Fe

Old 03-09-2011, 08:08 PM   #2
Jeff_in_KC
somebody shut me the fark up.

We MAY be pulling out of Baton Rouge... depends on gas prices. This is getting CRAZY!
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2011, 04:00 PM   #3
rweller
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC View Post
We MAY be pulling out of Baton Rouge... depends on gas prices. This is getting CRAZY!
Jeff, how does that work? I noticed teams were(did) able to sign up for more than one contest. I thought they were only allowed one contest?

I know mostly judge and I was only able to sign up for one contest until the second time around.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:08 PM   #4
mobow
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rweller View Post
Jeff, how does that work? I noticed teams were(did) able to sign up for more than one contest. I thought they were only allowed one contest?

I know mostly judge and I was only able to sign up for one contest until the second time around.
Teams were give a second go around to fill the spots that did not fill. Santa Fe still has a few. Same for judges. keith

Old 03-10-2011, 08:43 PM   #5
rweller
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobow View Post
Teams were give a second go around to fill the spots that did not fill. Santa Fe still has a few. Same for judges. keith
Keith, I understand that. But there were a lot of contest that were full and the same team at two locations. BEFORE the second round of signup. I know of at least 4 for sure probably more.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:29 PM   #6
Jeff_in_KC
somebody shut me the fark up.

Wasn't supposed to happen, Ralph, but some folks decided to do it anyway. We got in on the waiting list for the second round of registrations and moved up as some others cancelled.
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2011, 06:34 PM   #7
Captain Caveman
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC View Post
Wasn't supposed to happen, Ralph, but some folks decided to do it anyway. We got in on the waiting list for the second round of registrations and moved up as some others cancelled.
That's what we did also (waited for the 2nd round).
2 Hotrod Black "Gravity Feed" clones
Mobile Kitchen
Towable offset
CBJ #24304
KCBS member #24304
Captain Caveman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2011, 11:47 PM   #8
rweller
Full Fledged Farker

Thats good you guys did it the right way. I know Ever Green Park, Il. and Orlando Florida was full within hours of the first signup. There is one team that is entered in both. Same thing with the Colorado/FL contest. Those contest I mentioned were full first signup with teams on the waiting list.
I just judge so its fine with me but it looks like if they let that go it will knock a team out thats on the waiting list.