Kingsford competition briquettes at costco

S

suprfast

I just received my costco member savings coupons and Kingsford briquettes(comp and match light[yuck to match light]) both have 3.00 off twin bags. Not sure what the price is but its limit two and appear to be larger bags(i would guess 18-21lbs). You know costco, they dont go small.

As much as i love my stubbs(depending on the price of the kf comp) i might have to stock up on the comp. That damn borax is what would keep me from getting them, but at least i can share my find with others.

kris

My local Costco had a pallet of K-Comp out last weekend with no price on it. I asked an employee who looked it up and told me it was $15. I didn't buy any so I can't verify the price. With the $3 coupon it will be a great deal if the price is correct.

For 12.00 ill stock up. While i wont use it for "smoking" i would use it for direct since all briquettes would need to be ashed over anyways, deleting the borax coating.

Now if costco would carry stubbs.
kris

16.99 here for the twin pack...we tried some this weekend on some hot-n-fast butts. Not too shabby...:cool:

you guys keep talking about stubbs, but I'm telling you, natures grilling hardwood is as good as it gets.

you guys keep talking about stubbs, but I'm telling you, natures grilling hardwood is as good as it gets.

I dont like lump. It tends to flake at the bottom of the basket, which wouldnt be so bad, but the stoker blows the flakes and they end up on the food. Hope that makes sense. I might give lump a try again since im going to try out my baffles again.

I just got some today, with the coupon it came out to be 13 bucks for two 15lb bags of the competition.

I was just about to say the same thing. It was 16.79 for two bags - 3.00 coupon. Came out to 13.79+tax. Not too shabby. Im going to run a load tomorrow and see how i like it.

30lbs of briquettes for +/- 14.00
kris

I was just about to say the same thing. It was 16.79 for two bags - 3.00 coupon. Came out to 13.79+tax. Not too shabby. Im going to run a load tomorrow and see how i like it.

30lbs of briquettes for +/- 14.00
kris

Let me know how you like it. I'm going to run them on Saturday.

Let me know how you like it. I'm going to run them on Saturday.

I sure will. The main thing i hope for is a clean smelling startup. I dont get that from blue bag KF, but i have from RO(walmart) and stubbs. Im limited on what i have tried. One day id like to do a write up from my POV. Too many things i need to do.

Back