From PRO to Akorn... My journey continues..

ChetPunisher

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Well, picked up my red Char Griller King Griller Kamado Akorn... LOL...

Got her seasoned up and ready to roll last night. She will have to wait. I'm doing two butts tomorrow for a dinner my wife and I auctioned off for our church. The buyers called in their order... This will be my third weekend smoking pork butts.

The Akorn will have to wait. I don't trust it yet. Maybe I'll talk the wife into doing a chicken tomorrow on it... We will see...

After having the PRO for six years, I'm ready to learn this new grill...

Wish me luck.

Congrats on the new Akorn. That was nice of you to volunteer to cook them butts for the church aution.

Yep, best not try the butts for your first cook on the Akorn!! Been there, done that!! You'll probably need to do a couple of small mods to keep it holding low temps, especially some high temp caulk to seal up some air leaks around the intake. After a few "learning" cooks you'll be good to go!!

Yep, best not try the butts for your first cook on the Akorn!! Been there, done that!! You'll probably need to do a couple of small mods to keep it holding low temps, especially some high temp caulk to seal up some air leaks around the intake. After a few "learning" cooks you'll be good to go!!

You must have an early model Akorn, the newer ones don't need any sealing up. At least mine didn't need any.

Back