• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

I'm sick and need help

DMDon

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I can't stop buying anything BBQ related. I bought a Brinkmann Smoke King at a garage sale today for $20. The garage sale doesn't even start till tomorrow. I drove around their house a couple different times today till I saw some one in the driveway. Then stopped and bought the smoker. I have no real use for it, but couldn't pass it up. Its probably not worth the $20 but it came with some chunks and charcoal and a bin to keep it all in. Its to the point now my kids don't want to go out with me. If we are on a bike ride and I see someone outside with a smoker I have to stop to see waht they are doing. If I go outside and smell smoke, I will bike around to see who is cooking. Am I crazy or just friendly?

Attachments

• smoke king 1.jpg
    smoke king 1.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 120
  • smoke king 2.jpg
    smoke king 2.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 121
  • smoke king 3.jpg
    smoke king 3.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 122
You have come to the right place for help, my son. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you. :mrgreen:

I picked up one of those, for my wife :twisted:. I found a electric hot plate. I plan on using it to smoke cheese.

Just WTF are you going to do with that? You know if you don't stop ... I have a bad feeling about that toy hauler we want.

I hope you plan on flipping that pit - for a $10 profit!

Tell me about it!! I have to take a deep breath and step away from the keyboard when I come across a free Weber! But if its a Kamado, look out theres no antidote!

I just hope he doesn't plan on curling up ribs in there if he sells the Gator before he finds another smoker.

I got it about 7:45, I drove by your house, but your truck was gone so I didn't stop.

I ran to the Kum and Go to get ice. The wife is making homeade ice cream. The pork butts are on and sitting at 155*F. Getting ready to go to HyVee and pick up some items for making Mike Mills Crunchy Cole Slaw. :-D

An object' d arte such as this should be looked at as an investment. It totally adds to the overall value of your home and even increases sales prices of your neighbors houses. In my mind they should be helping you finance such purchases!

:biggrin:DM, You are only as sick as the brethren that respondeded to your thread. Pretty good company I would think!

Guess it's contagious. I think I have the same thing as DMDon as it's hit me up north too.... I'm haunting CraigsList for BBQ toys and food gadgets. In the stores, I always have to check out the households and BBQ sections for Kamado-friendly stuff or new toys and invariably buy something. Pretty soon I'll have to make a BBQ-only area in the pantry.

Somehow I find myself hanging out on the forum WAY too much. Looking at too much PRON. Drooling on the keyboard. Reading thread after thread, even jumping into the topic and posting way too much.

Don't know how this happened, but in the space of about 3 months, I've turned into a Q snob. Never used to do this, but I find myself looking down on gassers. And whenever I have Q now, I can't help but critique it and compare it to what I've been trying or what I've been seeing or reading here. I could go on and on, but how much worse can it get? :confused:

Is there a cure? :icon_sick Or am I doomed?!!! :eek::eek::eek:

If it's any consolation, I don't have Rub Affliction yet. :roll:

i see nothing wrong. my wife and i can be driving and i'll mention that someone has a kettle, etc and she says how can you see that? instinct ? i want one of those smokers. i know they aren't that great but i want one now ! good deal.

Back