Spare Ribs (pr0n)

BobM

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I cooked a couple of St. Louis cut spare rib racks on my 22 1/2" WSM.
I rubbed them with my standard rib rub (sucralose, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper).
I slathered them with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce.
I cooked them at 250F unfoiled, for about 2 1/2 hours, then foiled for about 2 hours, then sauced for about 1/2 hour.
They came out great!

Trimmed and rubbed.
mml1.jpg

On the WSM.
q2rp.jpg

Ready to be foiled.
ch6t.jpg

Glazed.
dmnx.jpg

Rack 1 cut up.
23vh.jpg

Rack 2 cut up.
w9hm.jpg

Pot of ribs.
326t.jpg

Beer o' the day.
ru4u.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Looking good!
What's the deal with the pot???

Good call on the beer too - you know that is the gateway beer to better beers right?

Good looking cook. I have never seen someone use artificial sweeteners as a rub ingredient. Are there any differences in the way it cooks versus sugar? What I mean is: does it burn/scorch easier/harder? Do you use less since it is sweeter than sugar?

Alex

I really wish I could get some yuengling down here in Texas.

After seeing those ribs, I'm not going to tell you what the next Thowdown category is. Don't bother looking I think it's possom this week. :becky:

Mighty Fine Sir!

Those are some great looking ribs Bob!!

What's the deal with the pot???
What is the pot/container for?
The pot keeps the ribs warm after they are cut up.

I have never seen someone use artificial sweeteners as a rub ingredient. Are there any differences in the way it cooks versus sugar? What I mean is: does it burn/scorch easier/harder? Do you use less since it is sweeter than sugar?
It doesn't caramelize like sugar does. I use it in the same proportions as white sugar.

Back