• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Sunday Night Pizza Two Ways

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
It's been raining cats and dogs here in LA, so I decided to just use the oven instead of my FrankenWeber Pizza Kettle to cook up some homemade pies.

The missus made the dough in the afternoon, as well as some fresh pesto. We decided to go with two pies: A pesto and a sausage and fresh sage.

We preheated the oven at 550, and when the stone temp reached 525, it was time to start making the pizzas.

Here's the first, with a nice spread of fresh pesto:

IMG_3670.jpg

I went light on the cheese for this pie and added a bit of mozzarella, parmesan, some leftover turkey breast I had smoked the previous night, mushrooms, and sun dried tomatoes:

IMG_3671.jpg

After that, I put it in the oven and started building the second pie. This one I used a blend of 50/50 Whole milk Mozzarella and Provolone. Then some sweet Italian sausage and fresh sage from the garden:

IMG_3672.jpg

Both pies came out great, although a bit larger crust edges than I get in the pizza kettle:

IMG_3673.jpg

IMG_3674.jpg

IMG_3675.jpg

Thanks for checking out my pizzas!

Lookin great moose. I've been dying to fire up my pizza cooker but it's too damn cold out.

Great job Moose. Delicious as always. I love the pesto. Maybe you could try a nacho pizza and take care of two of your passions at once. :-D

What about a French Dip Pizza?
Or would that be an Italian Dip Pizza?

nicely done moose! I really like the Pesto pie....I might have to give that one a whirl here soon

Look forward to hearing how you like it. This was my second pesto pizza, and on this one I was very generous with the pesto...it really makes a big difference when you really slather it on...you'll also need to add a fair bit of extra olive oil to the pesto so it spreads more easily.

nicely done moose! I really like the Pesto pie....I might have to give that one a whirl here soon

Back