Where To Place Temp Probe...

darita

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
OK. Here's my first question and yes, it's a stupid one. I tried to search it, but I guess I'm not allowed yet. Anyhow, I'm about to Q some chicken halves and I have a remote temp gauge. Where do I put the probe? Do I stick it in so that it sticks straight up or out to the side? Boy do I feel stupid, but I may as well ask and take the heat. By the way, I'm on a Traeger Lil Tex Elite.

On chicken (or any bird), the thickest point of tht thigh is the last to get done. Thats usually the point you need to make sure it gets done.
As long as you can close the lid the angle does not matter. It where the point end of the probe is actually at. Dont go to close to the bone, or you will get a false read.

The guys have nailed it as usual :)

As far as searching, there is a Google search box at the bottom of every page that searches just the bbq-brethren domain. The built-in forum search is enabled by the base level subscription.

Thanks! I'm new so unsure of everything. Hope I got the tip in exactly the right place. I worked on it for a few minutes, but I'm just not sure. It's been Qing for about 45 minutes and temp is at 132. That sound right?

Back