first run on the mobile truck july 4th

S

stillsmokintn

july40910.jpg
well after alot of work finally got it on the road.still have to tweak a few things to please the health inspector but he gave the go ahead.

so friday night went out to an offroad area and set up not alot of action but got feel for the truck.and a lot of looks ...

saturday morning set up in front of our bbq shop selling sandwhiches nachos etc. and shaved ice.then went to local mud bog at 12:00 all hell broke loose...at 12:30 they were lined up 30-50 deep mostly for shaved ice but sold quite a bit of bbq.

this lasted solid 2 hours.

then we moved over 2 the park and set up for concert and fireworks.we have set up a booth here before and always done good.
but this was insane this year.no other vendors except one group sellin hotdogs.
concert started at 8:00 but we were slammed at 6:30 till 11:00 non stop lines running 30-40 deep.

now when the idea for this truck came about it had to be set up for more than just bbq.due to our location we will be sellin bbq,shaved ice,snacks and concession stand type items.

and will be adding either a trailer for my pit or custom smoker to go on rear of truck.

i did all work myself
some of the features are...
propane water heater rv style
21 gallon fresh water tank
35 gallon waste water tank
rv power distribution panel 110 volt and 12 volt circuts
rv water pump
3 compartment sink
handwash sink
chest freezer
beverage/food cooler
onan emerald generator
and much more...

are there nicer trucks out there you betcha but by providing my own labor
ebaying most parts etc. and sweat equity im in it less than 6,000 grand including buying the 2001 truck.

next step will be gettin the graphics on .
truck744.jpg

very impressive...

the only thing missing is more room. Have you considered a used school bus?

nothing like the fealing of getting it done yourself hope you all the best I love the color great job

as for more room we should be alright .our carry out joint is a 14 x 32 building more than enough room we like to keep it simple.the truck has all the room we need for what were doing.but will add trailer for smoker or really looking at custom smoker that will have access from inside of truck with custom support out back. found a guy that builds custom smokers and hes already got the measurments and doing designing right now.but this will be aways out gotta make cash now.

far as color it was perfect due to my building being bright yellow and red trim. they match well.

Back