• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Can I Serve Brisket @ 175???

Thawley

Take a breath!
Reaction score
The damn thing's been in since 6am and it's been at 177-180* since noon. Wapped in foil two hours ago and its still at 177*.

Dinner guest will be here any minute. Feels good. Smells good. Looks good. Can I serve it?

give it the pull test if the probe slides in eazy and has a slite pull when you take it out its ok

The short answer is yes. You may have to slice it really thin to so you can chew it but you're long past the edible stage...at least no one is going to get sick from it.

Maybe you can just stall the guests for a while and serve up some appetizers. Take the brisket off the smoker and throw it in the oven at a high temp to move things along. Since you have it foiled the smoker isn't doing anything for it anyway. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

What temp is your smoker at? Are you verifying your smoker temp with 2nd thermometer?

Thanks for the replies.

It was great. Maybe my best brisket yet. My mom thinks I'm a BBQ god. (Like she'd really say different anyway...)

What was the texture like? Your temp readings can be way off sometimes, especially if you're in a fat deposit.

All that camera equipment and no pics? Bet he had Mc Donalds .:mrgreen:
Proof is in the pictures.

Man, when that happens to me.....people comin over, runnin out of time, and the somebitch won't budge.....I throw her in the oven and give her shock to bring it to 195.

Of course, none of my probes are very reliable anyways...

Temperature isn't the only guide-- feel is crucial. Temperature can be deceiving-- on the low and high side. The meat is done when it is done.

Back