Thank You Gore RE: salmon

Big George's BBQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
If you like smoked salmon trying Gore's metod is a must. I got A++ reviews from my son D-I-L and my own personal tatebuds
4/3 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup kosher salt
I put the salomon in two large 3 gal zip lock bags and put the cure on both sides. I then put them in a pyrex pan to control the mess. I had 4 pieces- 2 in each bag. I put another pyrex pan on top for weight a nd a 1/2 gal of blue hog sauce in the top pan I let them sit in fridge for about 19 hrs turning once
I then rinsed them well.
On 2 I put maple sugar and fresh ground black pepper. The other 2 were coated with sessame seed oil and sessame seed.
I let them sit for 45min to an hour and put into the egg @ 150 with lump charcoal and a few chunks of appple- next time will be cherry
After 2 hrs I raised the temp to 165 and then gradually to 180
Total smoke thme a little over 4 hrs- to 140 degrees. Wrapped and put in fridge over night and have trully enjoyed it since then I can see why you say that this is your go to meal Gore

Glad you liked it George. It always works out for me. Incidentally, the frogmat I use in the Oval XL is about 19" x 15". It is actually a bit smaller. I also have a smaller one I use for smaller batches that is extremely handy.

Back