Pitmaster IQue 110 - 1st time on UDS

Pappy

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Low & Slow smokin 2 racks of spare ribs on the UDS using my new Pitmaster IQue 110. Using kingsford blue and some hickory chunks. Rubbed with Chris Lilly's Memphis Dry Rub recipe from the Big Bob Gibson BBQ book.
IQue Works just like they said it would. I set the temperature according to my Maverick ET732 and it has stayed the same for the past 3 hours. Maintaining and set temperature has just gotten real easy.

Not sure how it would do outside on a windy day. I'm using it inside the garage with my BBQ exhaust running and removing the smoke.

IMG_3631.jpg

I like that setup for the garage,

Last edited:
Now that's a novel idea for sure. Nice setup. :thumb:

Temp only started to heat up one time. About 15 degrees. Don't think it's compleately fool proof. But then it was my 1st time using it. It can only get better.

Words cannot express the love I have for my IQue 110. Like anything else, it takes a bit of a learning curve, but once you have it figured out it's 110 times better than farken with vents every 30 minutes.

I do a lot of high heat smoking, so I've learned you have to help it along when you want serious bumps in temp. When I jump from 225 to 300+, I open the other two lower vents and open the upper vent all the way. When I finally reach where I want to be, I close the lower two vents back and just fiddle with the upper vent.

I have been wanting to get a temperature control and the BBQ Guru is so darn expensive and would require drilling a hole into my CG. I like the idea of the air manifold that just clamps over the bottom damper and can change to adapters for other smokers on the IQue 110. I was a little leery about getting one, but it seems like people are getting good results with it. Thanks!

Nice setup there Pappy...

I love my IQ and will be putting it to a real test here soon with the outside temps dipping down. I hope the little bugger performs as I hope.

Back