MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:55 AM   #1
posey's_pork_pit
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Chicken Juicy Lucy with Havarti Cheese

was on the lunch menu yesterday. A few pics for your enjoyment.

Mix with 1 lb. ground chicken ~ 1 tbs. Italian dressing, 2 tbs. plain bread crumbs, 1 tbs. SM Spicy & Sweet, 1 tbs. McCormick Chicken Montreal, 1 egg. No pic of the Havarti but you know what to do.

Ready for the Weber. I use the grill pizza pan until the chicken sets up. After about 10 minutes, I'll put them on grate.

On the grill with a stick of cherry ~ these are gonna be good!

Total cooking time 25 minutes ~ Bon appetit!
Smokey Joe Silver w/wooden handle a.k.a. Mini Me, Weber Smokey Joe Platinum date code ER

Sipsey: Secret's in the sauce.

Last edited by posey's_pork_pit; 09-18-2011 at 11:12 AM..
posey's_pork_pit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2011, 12:25 PM   #2
LoneStarMojo
is one Smokin' Farker

Hmm...never have seen ground chicken B4 but it sounds really healthy. And Havarti and makes everything taste better!
cuz it's not the end..."

Modified Char-Griller / Whalen 37.5" King Kettle [url]http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108709[/url] / Very near future UDS & 6' x 37" 325 gallon offset projects.
LoneStarMojo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2011, 03:13 PM   #3
El Ropo
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Roger

Ground chicken breast is readily available around these parts. I sometimes make burritos/tacos with it. Very lean though, so you have to add some moisture during cooking process.

2016 Fuji Absolute 2.0 LE (for burning off all the great BBQ)
El Ropo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2011, 09:33 PM   #4
posey's_pork_pit
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Ropo View Post
Ground chicken breast is readily available around these parts. I sometimes make burritos/tacos with it. Very lean though, so you have to add some moisture during cooking process.
The Italian dressing adds both moisture and flavor. Since joining Weight Watchers, I use ground chicken all the time ~ much better than ground turkey IMHO.

Thanks for looking!
Smokey Joe Silver w/wooden handle a.k.a. Mini Me, Weber Smokey Joe Platinum date code ER

Sipsey: Secret's in the sauce.
posey's_pork_pit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2011, 10:41 PM   #5
tamadrummer
is one Smokin' Farker

This food is absolutely beautiful!! I love me some ground chicken. I don't like ground turkey. It just dries out too easily and I don't seem to have the skillset needed to make ground turkey decent.

Good job man! I am going to give this recipe a go!
tamadrummer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2011, 11:13 PM   #6
LT72884
Babbling Farker

totally dumb question BUT everytime i try to make juicy lucy's, the dang cheese spills out. how did you keep that from happenin?

thank you

Old 09-19-2011, 12:17 AM   #7
big brother smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

Looks tasty!