MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-29-2013, 07:33 PM   #1
Garyclaw
Babbling Farker

Default Picked Up Little Jewel Today>>>>

Went to a Trift SHop today lookihg for a book to take on vacation and found this: "The Book of Sauces" by Gordon Grimsdale.
This little book has everything from A La King Sauce to Zabaglione Sauce.
Got a question about sauces? Just ask me. I got so hungry just leafing through it! It's marked $12.00 on the back. I bought it for .27.

Any sauce....lay it on me Bros.!

Big BarBChef built in to the Outdoor Kitchen, 2 Weber kettles, 1 UDS, Little Chief Electric, 2 Propane Fish Cookers/Turkey Fryers,
a swinging grate over my [COLOR=red]Fire pit,[/COLOR][COLOR=black] Big Pig Cooker, SJS, Big Easy Oil Less. Blackstone Pizza Oven[/COLOR]

"Nice talkin' to ya" :yo:
Garyclaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 03-29-2013, 07:34 PM   #2
VA-Dave
Full Fledged Farker

Awesome score Gary!

Can't beat the price.

Dave

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-29-2013, 07:48 PM   #3
StokeMySmoke
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Got a good steak sauce in that book? I suck at sauces of any kind...

Last edited by StokeMySmoke; 03-29-2013 at 08:11 PM..
StokeMySmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-29-2013, 08:19 PM   #4
garzanium
Full Fledged Farker

hawaiian or tropical flavor sauce for ribs?? I went to a competition last weekend and was lucky enough to be a judge. someone submitted a rib that blew me away!

Old 03-29-2013, 10:20 PM   #5
cowgirl
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Gary that's great!! I'm looking for a mango/habanero/mustard sauce. Does your book have one?
Thanks!

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-30-2013, 07:13 AM   #6
Garyclaw
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by StokeMySmoke View Post
Got a good steak sauce in that book? I suck at sauces of any kind...
How about a pepper sauce:

1/4 c. butter
1 small carrot chopped
1 med. onion chopped
1 celery stalk chopped
Bouquet garni (1 bay leaf, 1 sprig fresh thyme, 4 fresh parsely sprigs tied together)
2 tsp. flour
3/4 c. red wine
1 tbls. red-wine vinegar
About 1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper

melt buttewr in saucepan, add veggies and bouguet garni; saute, stirring often, until veggies start to brown. Add flour all at once and stir w/ wooden spoon. cook over low heat until flour browns, stirring constantly.

Meanwhile, warm wine and vinegar in a small saucepan. Pour all at once into flour mixture. Blend thoroughly. Bring to boil and gently simmer uncovered, for 20 min. Add pepper to taste. cook 1 min.

Strain through fine sieve and serve hot with beef or venison.

Big BarBChef built in to the Outdoor Kitchen, 2 Weber kettles, 1 UDS, Little Chief Electric, 2 Propane Fish Cookers/Turkey Fryers,
a swinging grate over my [COLOR=red]Fire pit,[/COLOR][COLOR=black] Big Pig Cooker, SJS, Big Easy Oil Less. Blackstone Pizza Oven[/COLOR]

Old 03-30-2013, 07:21 AM   #7
K-JUN
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyclaw View Post
Went to a Trift SHop today lookihg for a book to take on vacation and found this: "The Book of Sauces" by Gordon Grimsdale.
This little book has everything from A La King Sauce to Zabaglione Sauce.
Got a question about sauces? Just ask me. I got so hungry just leafing through it! It's marked $12.00 on the back. I bought it for .27.

Any sauce....lay it on me Bros.!
You sure you want to open that pandoras box? JK

Brady

Cajun Grill by Percy Guidry; 22.5" WSM; GMG Daniel Boone; Crown Verity Gaser
K-JUN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-30-2013, 07:30 AM   #8
Garyclaw
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl View Post
Gary that's great!! I'm looking for a mango/habanero/mustard sauce. Does your book have one?
Thanks!
Not exactly, Jeanie. How about we start with this mustard sauce and add a purey of mango and peppers:

Start with 1 c. Bechamel Sauce
1/4 c. whipping cream
1/2 lemon
1 tsp. prepared mustard
1 tsp. Dijion mustard
fresh herb for garnish

Combine hot Bechamel and cream in saucepan, squeeze in lemon, removing seeds. Stir in mustards and your mango/pepper purey.
Serve hot....then show pron

I'm pretty sure you know how to make the Bechamel Sauce Jeanie, so I didn't add that part. I'll post if ya want.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:33 AM   #9
Johnny_Crunch
Babbling Farker

Awesome find! That will be fun!

Old 03-30-2013, 07:34 AM   #10
Garyclaw
Babbling Farker

I know, onex. You know the excitment of a new toy mixed with alcohol.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:35 AM   #11
Phubar
somebody shut me the fark up.

Gary The Sauce Boss!
Nice score!

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is offline   Reply With Quote