SPECIAL - BBQ Brethren "Noobians vs. Veterans" Throwdown!!!

I can't take all the credit sir, it was your idea to distract them with the "quadruple spy" story, allowing me to slip through their defenses.

Great leadership I say!

2012-09-10_20-54-10_HDR.jpg

WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate that this wasn't used for a real TD (if it was ... it will get my vote once I look in the other threads)

Official entry!!!!

On the SS Noobian Marauder.......................

"Chief!! There was a infiltrator deep in Noobian territory! Much havok has been caused! What shall we do?"

"Settle down, Minion. I have confidence that our Noobian Brethren are sifting through the mess, preparing a counter attack.

I think we shall lay down some smothering fire, to give them some breathing room from the Farkanauts.

Prepare the Smothered Pork!!!"

Sear the chops over a rocket hot chimney.

main.php

main.php

Saute some onions in a CI dutch oven, then add a little garlic and thyme

main.php

main.php

Add some broth (half beef, half veggie) and apple cider for flavor

main.php

main.php

Chops going into the dutch oven.......
And into the mini

2 and a half hours later, after swim practice and soccer practice (gotta get the crew some exercise).........

main.php

main.php

Strain the liquid, add a little tapioca slurry to thicken, then add a splash of apple cider vinegar, dump the onions in, then....

Plate and serve!

main.php

THIS BE THE MONEY SHOT, ARRRRRRR!!!

main.php

That is all

Man, for some reason I've been craving pork steaks for the past couple of days but now I think I want chops...

Either way, that plate looks farking fantastic!!! nicely done!

Knucklhed -- that was a fine entry and a fine inspirational story about fighting behind enemy lines, your creativity is impressive -- the crust and sear you got on the zukes was beautiful and grilling beets, wow! Delicious looking meal!

seadad9903 -- After hits like Bucc's and Knucklhed's you noobs would need a fortifying and resuscitating meal -- the flavours sounded fantastic, loved the added braising with that carmelized onion goodness, really nice pork chops

i figured we needed something to get our last weekend going. wouldn't want the Farkanauters to think we had rolled over :boxing:

He's probably going to try and convince me to let this go on through next weekend as opposed to stopping Saturday morning.

Buncha farking cry babies!

Back