Weld on hinges?

jacob

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
What ya'll think about them. I'm thinking of using the barrell type 4" 400# hinge that I can get from KCK along with my dampers and gauges.

I used them in a few builds. The most recent was my first patio offset reverse flow build. It used 6. They are great! They never sqeak and if they do, I'm sure its nothing that veg oil wouldn't solve. They are brass pin'd and glide on a brass washer. I like them and I'm sure you will too. I'm not a fan of welding wooden door hinges to a rig. They may work but they just aren't made for that.

Remember, If you put the hinges in the same direction, you can lift your doors off. Not safe to do for your horizontal doors unless you rig up a latch of some sort to keep the door from falling off when in use.

Goodluck!

PS, i just got my first order of the proQ2 gauges from KCK and they kick the crap outta the old ones that were already awesome!

I love them also but can't find them here. We made our own including a copper sleeve and they are holding up well.

Those KCK brass hinges are pretty nice, and good quility. And, you can't beat the service.

KCK are great people, and so are there products. We are building an offset and are using everything we can from KCK, once again, stand up individuals and products!

Back