brisket slicing tutorial

Why waste the time and effort if you are going to get rid of the finer parts of a brisket? I could surmise that since the name of the channel is "Big Apple" I guess they do it differently*.

Wow after all these years I guess I have been slicing brisket the wrong way. I guess I need to throw most of the bark & meat away.

That was an absolute crime. A travesty. An abomination.

He called the tip at the corner of the flat the "burnt end". What on earth was he smoking when the meat was smoking?

Now I feel like I need to do a video of slicing a brisket. You know, one where the slices still have bark and you don't throw 3/4 of the brisket in the trash.

This has been posted before. I can't take it seriously.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Watching this video made me wonder, if this was a comp brisket, would cutting all that bark/rub help , or hurt their chances of winning over the judges?

Watching this video made me wonder, if this was a comp brisket, would cutting all that bark/rub help , or hurt their chances of winning over the judges?

Maybe he could win if he served it Benihana style.

Here is the same guy twirling his cleavers.

https://youtu.be/CL1hR4swVHA

[UPDATE]. Just noticed that the tattoos don’t match. Is a different guy. Looked close enough and there were only 3 videos posted on that NYC event. Chris

Last edited:
Somebody made a comment on what was he smoking when the brisket was smoking. If you notice the lady in the backround in that video, i think that answers that question.

Just noticed that the tattoos don’t match different guy that was on the 3 videos posted on that NYC event. Maybe it was second hand smoke from the lady!!! Chris

Just noticed that the tattoos don’t match different guy that was on the 3 videos posted on that NYC event. Maybe it was second hand smoke from the lady!!! Chris

Good eye. Maybe in the Hibatchi video he was just learning to use knives. Then The lady's second hand smoke took its toll on him. and when he finally got some tattoo's and gained some weight, and learned how to butcher briskets, we have the second video for our enjoyment.

^^^ this.. Not sure if I should take this thread seriously or not. I would assume I am suppose to take it seriously.. sooo WTF did that guy do to the brisket? seems he probably should spend time trimming before hand :)

While i don't mind a good laugh, some members might actually watch this and think this is the correct way to slice a brisket.

if someone thinks this is the way it's done then they get what they deserve. gotta think for yourself some, the answers aren't always just given to ya.....gotta work for it.

this was posted before, a few years back....we all had a good laugh over it. I dont post as much as I used to but this kind of shenanigans was my schtick in the past. I forget that the newer crowd is unfamiliar with my antics

Back