Lexington (NC) BBQ Festival?

T

tubadude

Did any of the Brethren get over there today? Was raining til mid day and may have caused less visitation (eating) than normal.

I didn't make the drive because of the rain. Was goig to go to the Livermush festival in Shelby too. Man what a lost day.

Did any of the Brethren get over there today? Was raining til mid day and may have caused less visitation (eating) than normal.

Yep, me and the grandkids stopped on the way back home from the NC zoo in Asheboro. We got to Lexington around noon and stopped at a pit BBQ joint and ate, pretty good Q, I'll have to go out to the car to get the name of the joint (I picked up a business card on the way out).
Anyway, we walked from the BBQ joint to the festival, and it was CROWDED. Couldn't hardly move and had to follow the crowd like a herd of cows. This was the first time going, and I was look'n for BBQ related stuff (like rub, sauce, etc) and was very disappointed that there was pretty much everything but...:mad:

After walking 5 miles at the Zoo Friday and then going back today and walking in the rain all morning, then traveling to Lexington and having to walk a long ways from our parking spot, etc... We were wore slap out...:-D

I didn't make the drive because of the rain. Was goig to go to the Livermush festival in Shelby too. Man what a lost day.

Livermush festival??? Didn't know there was such a thing. Would love to check that out. Livermush is some mighty good stuff!

Amen on the Livermush! My favorite breakfast is a mush-egg-cheese on toast with a slice of tomato....now that's good eats!

I saw livermush on a menu a few years ago while on vacation in NC.

Back