MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  



Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2019, 06:58 AM   #1
RJ_Make
On the road to being a farker
 
Join Date: 05-06-17
Location: Annapolis MD
Default Rock's BBQ (Stoker) has closed it's doors

Should have seen this coming with the discontinuation of the stoker last year and now really wish I purchased a few extra sensors.



Any idea where we can get/make some extra sensors?
__________________
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/c/RJMaker"]RJ_Make on YouTube[/URL]
[URL="https://twitter.com/RJ_Make"]RJ_Make on Twitter[/URL]
RJ_Make is offline   Reply With Quote




Old 10-27-2019, 08:50 AM   #2
Porcine Perfection
is One Chatty Farker
 
Porcine Perfection's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-13-12
Location: On Lake Michigan
Default

Not surprising at all. Stokers used to be the Cadillac ATCs.

I needed a fan, so I think I am going to go with a new set up. I am parting out my controller, a meat and pit probe, and any adapters,etc..

PM me.

Mods: If I need to start a new thread in classifieds let me know.
__________________
Jim - KCBS CBJ | Humphrey Battle Box | WSM
Porcine Perfection is online now   Reply With Quote


Old 10-27-2019, 01:15 PM   #3
RJ_Make
On the road to being a farker
 
Join Date: 05-06-17
Location: Annapolis MD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcine Perfection View Post
Not surprising at all. Stokers used to be the Cadillac ATCs.

I needed a fan, so I think I am going to go with a new set up. I am parting out my controller, a meat and pit probe, and any adapters,etc..

PM me.

Mods: If I need to start a new thread in classifieds let me know.

If you have a defective fan (still have the plug) you can just replace the fan motor. Just requires a little bit of soldering.
__________________
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/c/RJMaker"]RJ_Make on YouTube[/URL]
[URL="https://twitter.com/RJ_Make"]RJ_Make on Twitter[/URL]
RJ_Make is offline   Reply With Quote


Thanks from:--->
Old 10-27-2019, 04:08 PM   #4
Porcine Perfection
is One Chatty Farker
 
Porcine Perfection's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-13-12
Location: On Lake Michigan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_Make View Post
If you have a defective fan (still have the plug) you can just replace the fan motor. Just requires a little bit of soldering.
Fan runs continuously. I believe it is in the controller box on the side of the fan.
__________________
Jim - KCBS CBJ | Humphrey Battle Box | WSM
Porcine Perfection is online now   Reply With Quote


Old 10-28-2019, 06:45 AM   #5
eap0510
Full Fledged Farker
 
Join Date: 09-03-10
Location: Monroe, Ga
Default

I was definitely sad last year when I learned that they were no longer going to sell their device. I sent an email and left a voice message asking them to contact me for I was interested in buying the technology from them. Unfortunately after several emails and voice messages I never received a call back.
I do not understand why someone that was getting out of the business would not be interested in selling the business.
__________________
Wanna B A Pitmaster Competition Team
eap0510 is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 10-28-2019, 03:18 PM   #6
RJ_Make
On the road to being a farker
 
Join Date: 05-06-17
Location: Annapolis MD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eap0510 View Post
I was definitely sad last year when I learned that they were no longer going to sell their device. I sent an email and left a voice message asking them to contact me for I was interested in buying the technology from them. Unfortunately after several emails and voice messages I never received a call back.
I do not understand why someone that was getting out of the business would not be interested in selling the business.

Very sad indeed. It's such a great product, with tons of flexibility.

The probes use a DS2762A chip with what appears to be a multi-layer board. Which I suspect would be very difficult to duplicate for repair/replacement needs.
__________________
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/c/RJMaker"]RJ_Make on YouTube[/URL]
[URL="https://twitter.com/RJ_Make"]RJ_Make on Twitter[/URL]
RJ_Make is offline   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
bbq, Rock's

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Forum Custom Search: Enter your Search text below. GOOGLE will search ONLY the BBQ Brethren Forum.
Custom search MAY not work(no display box) in some configurations of Internet Explorer. Please use compliant version of Firefox or Chrome.







All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 © BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.
no new posts