Weber Smokefire returned!

Pretty much says it all.

BUT! Never fear! SMITTY CAN FIX IT! Send your SmokeFire's to Smitty, who will weld 3mL plate right across the unit under the grates! :mmph:

No more flare ups... but no grilling! :wacko:

Apparently you don’t comprehend diffuser plate - many styles and variations - perforated, sloted, angled , etc- or combination there of - perforated, angled with grease troughs......try Google Images - may Help get your Brain running

Last edited:
I haven't seen one in person but have several ideas just from the Videos. Some I could try and some I couldn't as it would require metal working machinery (plate punches, breaks, dies etc) but would be Easy for Weber to do or have done.

I'd be Happy to Share with Weber if they covered travel, expenses and paid a consulting fee......... :thumb:

Apparently you don’t comprehend diffuser plate - many styles and variations - perforated, sloted, angled , etc- or combination there of - perforated, angled with grease troughs......try Google Images - may Help get your Brain running

See... You CAN fix it! You're even giving OPTIONS! :becky:

I really wanted to love this grill but had 4 or 5 problems and not a good grill for anyone with a wooden deck. Really wanted to be able to slow cook and grill at high heat with the pellets and I thought this looked good. Checking out the Cookshack PG1000. I know its old technology but if anyone has any comments about the Fast Eddy, let me know. Thank you.

Check out the Cookshack Forums. No where near as busy as they used to be since Smokin Okie retired as the mod. But still a lot of good info.

https://forum.cookshack.com/forum/fast-eddy-pellet-grill-fepg

I cannot imagine who did the testing on these things. Even at 30 degrees outside I could barely read my display and dial was sluggish at best. Considering there based in Palatine I would think they would have factored in the Chicago winters. (Plus quite a few other problems as stated).

(Hope all is well Greg, I bought some Green Egg stuff from you last year.)

LCD displays don't do well in extreme cold or heat.
Direct sunlight will turn that display black in the Summer.

Want something as easy to use as a pellet pooper, but still grill at high heat? Break the chain and look at the Masterbuilt 560 Gravity Feed. It has teething problems with wifi and bluetooth, but doesn't affect the great smoked/grilled food you'll get from it. Lots of people are getting rid of their Traegers, PK grills when they get the MB
Personally, I sold my PK360 that was 2 years old

Thank you for the quick reply! Sorry to hear about the fire. My Weber was a nightmare. I will check out these Green Mountains now.

If youre back in the market for a pellet smoker, I would suggest you also check out the Grilla Grills products as well. My final choices came down to GMG and Grillagrills. I almost had buyer's remorse about not going with the GMG wifi, but once I received my Silverbac, I have been very happy with it. I've had it for about 18 months and it has been great for all types of cooks in all types of weather.

Pretty sad how instead of addressing the issues, they start attacking some of the influencers that they flew out to showcase the model and help them pimp the product.

What a disaster.

What gets me is that Weber is still selling these. I'm still seeing dealers carrying these SmokeFires and advertising them as the best thing since sliced bread.

There has not been a single announcement by Weber that I've seen anywhere and they're still taking peoples $1200 left and right for a product that's obviously not fit. I guess that's up to the buyer, but as a brand you would think they would stand behind their product and make sure its fit to cook on as advertised.

They need to do a serious recall and get this product right.

That's mostly a cardboard fire from the looks of it, see all the flat burned up pieces ?

Wow. I didn't know the new Weber pellet grill was this bad. I immediately thought I should short Weber stock if this new important product was this bad. I learned tonight Weber is private company so no public stock.

Have one in a box that will very likely go back. Think I am sold on the JB prime. 899, 36” wifi, 550°, front and side shelf included. Can buy 2 upper racks, pizza oven attachment, cover for the same prize as an Ex6.

Back