MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-05-2007, 08:20 PM   #1
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil
Default Heads up.. Newsday announcment coming out tomorrow.

Hey Long Island/NY Locals..

Watch out for Newsday tomorrow. We have a little something going down July 18 thats being announced in Fridays paper.

BBQ Brethren and the TEAMS are being 'Showcased' for Summer BBQ on Long Island.

So far,

Brothers In Smoke
Bad Bones
South Shore Smokers
Fat Pollacks ??
Wine and Swine/SmokeInDaEye
WillyB's

WillyB will be supplying the meats, rubs, sauces and get some Air time.

We are having a large crowd of newsday readers(by invitation only) 100+ come down for a meet and greet, and we will be demoing 3 cooking styles. Stickburners(My Kloses), Bullets(WSM), and insulated(spicewines). Goal is an education to Joe Bag-o-Donuts in Real BBQ.. We're cooking ribs and chicken on site and bringing in brisket and butts.. then show how and what BBQ can do to a burger.. or steaks... or simple, everyday stuff.. maybe even a veggie grilling demo. The bandera will be there showing it can be done for a few hundred bucks.

Its our gig, we create, we invent it.. however we want.I have till next friday to set the stage. I owed you guys and announcment before ya get blindsided, just been real busy.. I am behind in letting everyone know about ALOT of things that are going on.

More to follow and we can come up with some ideas for the demos.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2007, 08:39 PM   #2
SmokeInDaEye
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQchef33 View Post
Hey Long Island/NY Locals..

Watch out for Newsday tomorrow. We have a little something going down July 18 thats being announced in Fridays paper.

BBQ Brethren and the TEAMS are being 'Showcased' for Summer BBQ on Long Island.

So far,

Brothers In Smoke
Bad Bones
South Shore Smokers
Fat Pollacks ??
Wine and Swine/SmokeInDaEye
WillyB's

WillyB will be supplying the meats, rubs, sauces and get some Air time.

We are having a large crowd of newsday readers(by invitation only) 100+ come down for a meet and greet, and we will be demoing 3 cooking styles. Stickburners(My Kloses), Bullets(WSM), and insulated(spicewines). Goal is an education to Joe Bag-o-Donuts in Real BBQ.. We're cooking ribs and chicken on site and bringing in brisket and butts.. then show how and what BBQ can do to a burger.. or steaks... or simple, everyday stuff.. maybe even a veggie grilling demo. The bandera will be there showing it can be done for a few hundred bucks.

Its our gig, we create, we invent it.. however we want.I have till next friday to set the stage. I owed you guys and announcment before ya get blindsided, just been real busy.. I am behind in letting everyone know about ALOT of things that are going on.

More to follow and we can come up with some ideas for the demos.
Sounds great. I could do some fun grilling stuff, like my new version of grilled pineapple I was messing with.

But isn't the 18th a Wednesday? Where's it taking place? I'll have to try to escape work.
Gen II Komodo Kamado, Pit Barrel Cooker, 3x 18.5" WSMs, 22.5" WSM, modified 18.5" Weber Kettle, 22.5" Weber Kettle circa 1960ish, Weber One Touch Platinum, copper Weber Smokey Joe, La Caja China, Bubba Keg, Bodom Picnic Grill, Weber Genesis

Last edited by SmokeInDaEye; 05-15-2012 at 11:15 AM..
SmokeInDaEye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2007, 08:44 PM   #3
MilitantSquatter

It is Wednesday the 18th..

(oh yeah..It's in Melville at the Newsday facility on Pinelawn Rd)... I wonder who forgot that piece of info in the advertisement ??

The interested Newsday subscribers will get two tickets each to eat/talk/learn from 5-8PM.. We have not determined a start time for the actual set up & stuff, but assume we are gonna get settled in the early afternoon at latest. Since I'm taking a day off for this, it would be nice to actually get to relax a bit before the chitstorm at 5 PM.

Maybe Team Ash-hole should unite and show everyone else a thing or two instead of us being good teachers under our own team names.

That Pineapple looks good Clint.. Definitely would get the crowd interested (assuming they are not all 75 yr old retirees from the senior citizens center on a field trip. The old blue hairs may be the only ones interested when seeing the ad for free BBQ as they cut out coupons for grocery shopping).

Phil - I forgot to tell you... We need Newsday to have some type of proper disposal bin for the leftover charcoal when the cooking is complete.
XL BGE (#2) & Performer Platinum

Former owner: Jambo Backyard, Klose BYC, Lonestar Vertical offset w/ Insulated Firebox, Medium Spicewine, Pitts & Spitts, XL BGE (#1) & (2) Medium BGE's, 22" WSM & (2) 18" WSM's, 18" & 22" Weber Kettles
MilitantSquatter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2007, 09:26 PM   #4
SmokeInDaEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitantSquatter View Post
It is Wednesday the 18th..

(oh yeah..It's in Melville at the Newsday facility on Pinelawn Rd)... I wonder who forgot that piece of info in the advertisement ??

The interested Newsday subscribers will get two tickets each to eat/talk/learn from 5-8PM.. We have not determined a start time for the actual set up & stuff, but assume we are gonna get settled in the early afternoon at latest. Since I'm taking a day off for this, it would be nice to actually get to relax a bit before the chitstorm at 5 PM.

Maybe Team Ash-hole should unite and show everyone else a thing or two instead of us being good teachers under our own team names.

That Pineapple looks good Clint.. Definitely would get the crowd interested (assuming they are not all 75 yr old retirees from the senior citizens center on a field trip. The old blue hairs may be the only ones interested when seeing the ad for free BBQ as they cut out coupons for grocery shopping).

Phil - I forgot to tell you... We need Newsday to have some type of proper disposal bin for the leftover charcoal when the cooking is complete.
Would be good for the Ash Holes to cook together. Maybe I could get half a day in at work then come out by 3 or 4? I have tons of things we could grill, in addition to brisket, shoulder, etc.
Gen II Komodo Kamado, Pit Barrel Cooker, 3x 18.5" WSMs, 22.5" WSM, modified 18.5" Weber Kettle, 22.5" Weber Kettle circa 1960ish, Weber One Touch Platinum, copper Weber Smokey Joe, La Caja China, Bubba Keg, Bodom Picnic Grill, Weber Genesis

Old 07-05-2007, 09:36 PM   #5
BBQchef33

The newsday PR manager who is helpig to organize this is a vegan. (go figure).....

It be great if we can do some non meat stuff.. and there is a grillig section that I forgot to mention.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM

Old 07-05-2007, 09:36 PM   #6
bbqbull
Watching over us.

Wished the heck I lived closer to you NYFOS. Sounds like a heck of a great time for sure.
bbqbull is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2007, 09:40 PM   #7
SmokeInDaEye

Quote:
The newsday PR manager who is helpig to organize this is a vegan. (go figure).....

It be great if we can do some non meat stuff.. and there is a grillig section that I forgot to mention.
Welkom to our Grillig section, featuring the new hit album, "GrilliG: Global WORMing". http://www.grillig.nl/

Old 07-05-2007, 09:50 PM   #8
motoeric
Babbling Farker

Do you need a hand? I'll be happy to help out if an extra hand or two is needed. I live in Dix Hills, so I'm pretty local to Newsday.

On the other hand, I'm a subscriber, so let me know if you need a ringer in the audience.

Eric
motoeric is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2007, 09:52 PM   #9
BBQchef33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeInDaEye View Post
Welkom to our Grillig section, featuring the new hit album, "GrilliG: Global WORMing". http://www.grillig.nl/

YOU sir, are a pain in the a$$.

News Flash:

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM

Old 07-05-2007, 10:13 PM   #10
SmokeInDaEye

Quote:
YOU sir, are a pain in the a$$.
"Funkerig humptybumpin' GrilliG in je gezicht. Aaight!" (I think that means "great pork butt cooker, GrilliG, in the house, all right?" but I'm not certain.).

Anywho, I could also do some of these tri-tip samiches real fast, along with some grilled veggies/beans. Let me know whatcha need. Is this a story tomorrow or an ad?

Last edited by SmokeInDaEye; 05-15-2012 at 11:15 AM..

Old 07-05-2007, 10:14 PM   #11
BBQchef33

Its an Invitation for Newsday Insiders.

News Flash:

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM

Old 07-05-2007, 10:16 PM   #12
BBQchef33

i am thinking we may forgo the brisket and butts and do some BBQ Grilling.

Keep in mind, this is to edumacate on BBQ, teaching people that they CAN produce good BBQ in their backyuards... be it on a grill or pit... but producing it in a pit is better, more fun.. and ya get to get all dirty and smokey.

News Flash:

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM

Old 07-05-2007, 10:33 PM   #13
pigmaker23
is One Chatty Farker

I can bring the 6' charcoal grill and few Weber Performers if you need them..
[B][COLOR=#008000]Mr. Bobo's Traveling BBQ Allstars ![/COLOR][/B]
[B][COLOR=red][I]2009 Jack Daniels World BBQ BrisketChampion[/I][/COLOR][/B]
[B][I][COLOR=#ff0000]_______________________________________[/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][I][COLOR=black]Backwoods Fatboy (2) & a Chubby[/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][I]Jedmaster " BabyJed" Ring of Fire[/I][/B]
[B][I]OK Joe 84" Offset [/I][/B]
[B][I]Meadowcreek PR -72 Trailer[/I][/B]
pigmaker23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2007, 11:00 PM   #14
BBQchef33

We are set for equipment. Newsday requested to keep it at 4-5 stations and teams so as not to get out of control.

News Flash:

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM

Old 07-06-2007, 07:27 AM   #15
WannaBeBBQueen
is Blowin Smoke!

Now who's cooler than you?????

Only two tickets???? :( any way to get more????

o and it's an ad on the bottom of page B28...great pic of phil
KCBS Member
KCBS CBJ
Charbroil Bandera
Charbroil Silver Smoker/Grill
Weber Kettle 18 & 26
WSM 18 1/2
Kamado 18"
FEC 100

http://www.myspace.com/wannabebbqueen
http://www.tripadvisor.com/members/JMBred

*the views of the user Skip (The Prince Consort) do not necessarily reflect those of WannaBeBBQueen...lol
WannaBeBBQueen is offline   Reply With Quote