Weekend Cook (8/10-12)

KC_Bobby

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
What's everyone got going?

I'm doing:
4 butts (3 for coworkers and 1 for me)
1 packer (taking to my sister and her husband next weekend for our weekend at their river cabin in Wisconsin)
1 beer can chicken (for me)

Starting the cook overnight tonight @ about midnight, butts and brisket will go on. Then in the morning, I'll add in the beer can chicken. I'll be cooking on apple and a mix of rancher, wicked good and royal oak. Also trying sand in the water pan.

Butts:
Injecting with apple juice and a touch of Worchestire sauce
Rubbing with Plowboy
Pulling and saucing with a mix of natural dripping, Blues Hog reg and Tenn Red, maybe a touch of apple juice

Brisket:
Trimming off the fat cap and cutting the point away from the flat - letting the butts drip on them all night long
Rubbing with homemade salt/pepper/brown sugar based rub
Will try to make burnt ends out of the point - this will be my first attempt at this. Do I pull them off at X temperature, then put then cut the point into cubes and put in a tin with sauce? Suggestions for the burnt ends are welcome.

Chicken:
Brined in salt, brown sugar, oranges, lemons for about 4 hours
Pat dry, refidged then coated in olive oil in the morning
Rubbed in Tony C's Cajun rub

Nice menu there Bobby.
You know, when you come up Wisconsin way you're welcome to swing past the Wyocena Yacht Club if you'll be anywhere near.

[stomach.growling.mod]

Nice menu there Bobby.
You know, when you come up Wisconsin way you're welcome to swing past the Wyocena Yacht Club if you'll be anywhere near.

[stomach.growling.mod]

We'll be in Prairie. I'll probably take up about 5 lbs of brisket and 5 lbs of pulled pork for dinner on either Friday or Saturday night after a full day of sandbars. I sure BBQ will hit the spot after that.

Hey Bobby what is a Backwoods Gator w/guru
never heard of a Backwood Gator??

The whole weekend?

40 Butts, 275# Brisket, 51 Slabs Spares, 51 Rib Tips, 10 Chickens, 81 Chicken Breasts, 160 Brats, 250 Hot Dogs, 200 Servings Each - Twice Baked Potato Casserole, Caesar Salad, Layered Salad. 600 Servings Baked Beans, 48 Pounds Potato Salad, 38 Pounds Slaw, 60 Pork Steaks, 200 Brownies.

I think that covers it.....

Rubbing with Plowboy

I hope you guys have fun... :eek:

Not that there's anything wrong with that... :rolleyes:

Aside from my bachelor dinner tonight I don't think I'm cooking this weekend. My wife has decided that we need to empty the freezer so we'll probably pull out something from a previous cook and eat that. That's OK with me since when the freezer is empty I can cook to fill it up again! :biggrin:

I've got 2 racks full of drummies in the Egg right now and will follow with some ABT's for happy hour.

40 Butts, 275# Brisket, 51 Slabs Spares, 51 Rib Tips, 10 Chickens, 81 Chicken Breasts, 160 Brats, 250 Hot Dogs, 200 Servings Each - Twice Baked Potato Casserole, Caesar Salad, Layered Salad. 600 Servings Baked Beans, 48 Pounds Potato Salad, 38 Pounds Slaw, 60 Pork Steaks, 200 Brownies.

AND A DIET COKE :shock: :-D Please!

That's one heck of a cook.....and one heck of a catering set up you have.

Hey Bobby what is a Backwoods Gator w/guru
never heard of a Backwood Gator??

It's just smaller than the competitor.
5 racks 18 x 23 each, like the party the waterpan comes out so it can be used as a grill

Not sure why it's not on the website, maybe Mike quit making it.

I'm doing six racks of ribs for my parrent for letting us stay with them until we got into the rental house. that should last them four acouple of months.

Bobby,
You gonna hit Petes? I'm thinkin of a Alton Brown type run for a gut bomb.
Where do you stay in Prarie?
ModelMaker

I am doing a few tri-tips, white seabass and some chicken. We are laying low this wknd and may have some friends coming by Saturday night for some drinks and grub...

Thanks Mafia

I am pulling the old Horizon out of retirement tomorrow so we can go 2 different directions.

Bobby,
You gonna hit Petes? I'm thinkin of a Alton Brown type run for a gut bomb.
Where do you stay in Prarie?
ModelMaker

Gotta get a few gut bombs when I get into town. Especially after having a few beers while sitting in the back seat of the truck on the way up from just south of you about 15-20 miles.

My sister and her hubby have a trailer in Lakeview ... just like everyone else in Black Hawk county. I can be found either on the river or at the Winny (unless it's hotter than hell, then we'll be at the Lakeview since it has air)

Back