MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:20 AM   #76
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ Bandit View Post
This thread would make a wonderful sticky....
No sticky. There are too many stickies in Q-Talk. I added it to the Roadmap entry for Fatties.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 12-31-2010, 10:39 AM   #77
Bigdog
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
No sticky. There are too many stickies in Q-Talk. I added it to the Roadmap entry for Fatties.
Correct. We have this wonderful thing called a Roadmap that our dear friend kcquer did for us that many people do not use enough. It is a great resource. Maybe many folks don't know what it is or where to find it.
Pitman for Andy Groneman at the All Things BBQ cooking classes.
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-31-2010, 10:43 AM   #78
The Pigman
is One Chatty Farker

I personally would not those type of items you dont have to and from my experience I like them uncooked going in. Meat and such you should cook because it will not cook inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetown Parrothead View Post
Got all the stuff to make my first fatty.. Gonna stuff it with Green & Red Peppers, Red Onions, Pepper Jack Cheese... Should I cook the Peppers & Onions first??

Thanks for your help..
BR
KCBS CBJ #30390

Lead for State of Ohio & Indiana for Operation BBQ Relief
Operation BBQ Relief Founding Member
Lang 84 Custom Longneck with warmer
Mobil Food Lic. With State of Ohio
The Pigman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-31-2010, 10:44 AM   #79
chambersuac

Maybe we need a sticky to show everyone what the stickies are :)

To the OP, enjoy your fatties. Remember, you must do more than one -and at least one must be naked, or Ronelle will get mad at you...and you DON'T want that. :)

IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball maker and IMBAS Sgt. At Arms.

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. [Acts 20:32 KJV]
chambersuac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-31-2010, 10:56 AM   #80
R2Egg2Q
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Got all the stuff to make my first fatty.. Gonna stuff it with Green & Red Peppers, Red Onions, Pepper Jack Cheese... Should I cook the Peppers & Onions first??

Thanks for your help..
BR
I had wondered the same thing on my first fatty (it had the peppers) and found this post which many agreed to as sound advice. Maybe you should make 2 fatties, one with cooked peppers & onions and the other with raw peppers & onions and report back on which tasted better!

BGEs: XL, Large, Small, Mini, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, MAK 1-Star General, Karubecue C-60, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA, Summit S-620 NG; custom BGE & Weber handles by brethren martyleach

[U][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"]CLICK HERE to join us in a BBQ Brethren Throwdown![/URL][/U]
R2Egg2Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-31-2010, 11:16 AM   #81
campdude
Babbling Farker

This was my first fatty. Stuffed with sauted onions, bell peppers, potatoes, jalapenos, cheese, wrapped with bacon, and dusted with OBIE-CUE'S Sweet Rub BBQ Spice. Smoked on the ECB while camping a couple of weekends ago. I've not done a naked one yet, but HAVE to try that too!
Thanks to RonL for all the fatty history.

Last edited by campdude; 03-27-2011 at 01:02 PM..
campdude is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-31-2010, 01:18 PM   #82
---k---
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:

Thanks for your help..
BR
I did almost the same for my first fattie (I have done naked since). See my photos here, may help you.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=92172
I didn't cook anything, and I thought it turned out great. The peppers were cooked, but not mush.

Proudly Smoking on a UDS, PBC &
Accidental Winner of the 2012 "Saucy" Throwdown.
---k--- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-31-2010, 01:30 PM   #83
chambersuac

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pigman View Post
Dan after spending the weekend between Billy and Dive do they still let give sermons
Roger, funny you should ask, that is the same thing they said about having spent time with you :)

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. [Acts 20:32 KJV]

Old 12-31-2010, 01:40 PM   #84
Joetown Parrothead
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ---k--- View Post
I did almost the same for my first fattie (I have done naked since). See my photos here, may help you.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=92172
I didn't cook anything, and I thought it turned out great. The peppers were cooked, but not mush.

Thank you... I cooked them and just now put Fatty on grill. My Basket weave with the bacon was not the best.. Photos Later

Old 12-31-2010, 04:01 PM   #85
Joetown Parrothead
Got Wood.

Sorry another newbie question: When fatty is done how long do you let it rest when you take it out of the grill??

Thanks
BR

Old 12-31-2010, 04:05 PM   #86
chambersuac

Quote:
Sorry another newbie question: When fatty is done how long do you let it rest when you take it out of the grill??

Thanks
BR
Exactly 14 minutes, 18 seconds.
Or more.
Or less.

Really, if it's naked, it's pretty much ready when done.
If there is cheese, you might let it set five or ten minutes - or more, if you want'/need to to let the cheese firm a bit.

I've never had one last too long. Once people know what it is, they line up pretty fast.

Old 12-31-2010, 04:15 PM   #87
lcbateman3
is One Chatty Farker

If you can keep people off it of it...let it rest for a bit.

That's a big if though...

You only fail if you do not try.
lcbateman3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-31-2010, 04:25 PM   #88
LMAJ

Here are my fatties...
Naked...

My first stuffed and wrapped...

My Italian...

Ruben Fatty...
Brats

Kraut, dressing, swiss...

1 Large BGE and table - 8/29/12
1300 Timberline 5/26/17
1 18.5 WSM
Super Fast BLUE and REDThermopen
1 - Fantastic hubby - the original Big Al
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. - Robert Brault
LMAJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2011, 02:04 PM   #89
goro25
On the road to being a farker

Okay. So did my first two fatties yesterday. First one was naked w/ just a little rub sprinkled on. Second one was hot sausage stuffed w/ grilled red onions and red peppers, roasted garlic, and monterrey jack cheese. Then wrapped in a bacon weave.

Just before the cheese

Rolled and rubbed

Failed at after pics...This is the only one I got.

I loved the stuffed one. The only thing different I would do is maybe put some fully cooked bacon on the inside to add a little "crunch" to the texture. I was hoping (not expecting) to get that on the outside but it didn't happen.

I was disappointed w/ the naked one. Probably won't make one again unless someone requests it. I would rather make brats if I'm just doing "plain" sausage.
goro25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2011, 07:18 PM   #90
caseydog

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwylde1 View Post
As for the badgers...smashmouth football right down the gut, but TCU has a awesome defense...spread the field, get them guessing...back up the middle... Badgers win 31-28. Just hope for a good game!
Frogs, 21-19.

If it is any consolation, my fatties didn't turn out all the well. I put too much rub on them.

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fatty, fatty thread, history, roadmap