Dinner Impossible...Hawaii?

keale

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Anyone saw this? Thats pretty much authentic Hawaiian food, down to the the IMU, roasting the pig underground...the poor mans LaCaja China!! I crack myself up!!! :eek:almost authentic...you don't always have beautiful women cooking right beside you...unless its my wife...

I saw the episode. The food looked real good. Dinner's ready bring a shovel! :p
When Robert Irvine cooks breakfast for himself, does he accidentally make scrambled eggs for 50? :-D

He was here at Sheppard Air Force Base in Wichita Falls a few months ago. I think the show airs again sometime in march. I like his show. My fiance met him at I think Mall of America last year.. when he did the show there. she was there for a conference.

Anyone saw this? Thats pretty much authentic Hawaiian food, down to the the IMU, roasting the pig underground...the poor mans LaCaja China!! I crack myself up!!! :eek:almost authentic...you don't always have beautiful women cooking right beside you...unless its my wife...

I was about to say something until you mentioned your wife... A classic example of a God's blessing for you... marrying WAY out of your league! :p

Have you guys heard the latest on Robert?
The windmills are saying he doctored up his resume and didn't actually get knighted by the queen, and didn't do dinner for the whitehouse-and a few other things he didn't do.
Man, you got that much talaent and yet you think you gotta make up stuff about yourself? Weird!
I do enjoy the show,though.

Resume Impossible

Maybe Robert should call it Resume Impossible! :eek:
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/...rvine-accused-of-cooking-up-his-past-6576.php
dinner-impossible-chef-robert-irvine-accused-of-cooking-up-his-past-6576.php

I was about to say something until you mentioned your wife... A classic example of a God's blessing for you... marrying WAY out of your league! :p

Totally agree!!:icon_blush: very blessed!:p

Damn, and I was impressed, until now.... Kinda seems sleezy...

I always thought it was odd that I didn't recognize him from my days cooking at the White House or when I was head chef for Charles & Di.

Whether or not he lied on his resume, he still makes a pretty good show. There is something about european chefs that is entertaining to me. Especially Gordon Ramsay. I love watching his show on BBC.

I always thought it was odd that I didn't recognize him from my days cooking at the White House or when I was head chef for Charles & Di.

I was suspicious, too, when I never saw him around the Knight Commander of the Royal Victorian Order lodge, or any KCVO bashes.

He was born in 1965. He said he worked on Prince Charles and Diana's Wedding Cake in 1980. Do the math. Do 15 year olds bake cakes for Royal Weddings? :mrgreen:

Well, "DARN" :twisted:

Just when you think you have found a new role model and hero, he turns out to be as honest as a politician!!!!! :twisted:

TIM

I like his shows and his ingenuity... It reminds me of some of the pigroasts I have done tying to get all items ready on time when you are working with strangers...

I never did like his show. Too much stress. I never did think he would make it on time, oh the drama.

Wow, I'm kinda sorry I started this thread, I liked him and most of his shows...bummers...but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, until the whole story comes out...doesn't look good though...
Just like that other show, Man vs. Wild... on Discovery...

I think the difference between him and Man vs Wild is his resume doesn't really have to do with the show. While the Man vs Wild he had his crew helping him out and slept in hotels, when you were made to think he was out in the wild with no help from the crew.

Wow, I'm kinda sorry I started this thread, I liked him and most of his shows...bummers...but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, until the whole story comes out...doesn't look good though...
Just like that other show, Man vs. Wild... on Discovery...

Nothin' to be sorry about.
I did not know the story, and frankly, do not care!

I did not like him at the start, but he has grown on me and I enjoy watching his "challenges".

It is just entertainment.

No problem :lol:

TIM

Dinner Impossible chef to be let go at season end

Food Network announced yesterday that Robert Irvine, the Dinner Impossible chef, will be leaving at the end of the season. They will be looking for a new host.

A Possible New Show For Robert Irvine, “Dinner: Canceled” - Florida newspaper
http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/l...-for-robert-irvine-embellishment-unfortunate/

Celebrity TV Chef Robert Irvine Reportedly Fired Over Spiced-Up Resume - Fox TV news
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,334348,00.html

Food Network statement on March 2.

“We looked into the situation and found that, as Robert as already admitted, there were some embellishments and inaccuracies in his resume. The few and minor incidents of the inclusion of these embellishments into “Dinner Impossible” have been removed. The show is, and has always been, completely accurate in the depiction of the cooking challenges faced by Robert. We will continue airing both old shows and the new season of programs currently in production. We have not renewed Robert’s contract for future seasons but will fulfill our contractual obligations. We rely on the trust that our viewers have in the accuracy of the information we present, and Robert challenged that trust. We appreciate Robert’s remorse about his actions, and we can revisit this decision at the end of the production cycle, but for now we will be looking for a replacement host.”

Back