Hello from a new team in MD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disconnect

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Realized I hadn't posted my bio yet :icon_blush: so here we are. I'm Dis (yes, thats what everyone calls me everywhere) and I've been cooking since I was about 7. (I even have a 'published' recipe in the family cookbook they did when I was a kid.) Dad taught me to make a decent red sauce and how to run a grill and mom taught me to make basically anything with or without a recipe. (The wif and I are both really good inside cooks, but the past few years I've been her sous-chef indoors and she's mine for outdoor.) About 10 years ago I got into 'gourmet' grilling/bbq, and I've been thinking about competing KCBS for 2-3 years.

Earlier this year I went with my wife Sienna to the Nat'l Capitol BBQ Battle and after meeting a bunch of first-time teams (and some long-time) we decided to start our own: C'n Dis BBQ. Our first competition is coming up Labor Day weekend (Smokin' on the Bay) and we're really excited. (I think Sie might be excited to stop practicing mostly, but.. :becky:)

The team name is going to change next year to Sie'n Dis BBQ - the original 'C' dropped out when he discovered it took work :)

In the rest of the time, I'm a systems administrator who (until last week) singlehandedly ran the 500-odd machines behind webs.com/freewebs.com. (I specialize in going into startups with no admins and kicking the developers off the production machines so they run smoothly.. Too smoothly evidently, they're getting a consulting company in to do it instead.)

Sienna and I are occasional scuba divers, and she's a trained opera singer. We live in Bowie, MD (outside Annapolis and DC) with a dog and 10 cats. (We rescued a pregnant female, she had 7 kittens. They are all going to good homes in the next few weeks.)

Oh, and a pic. Here's me just before taking the 'Man vs Food Nation' hot wing challenge at Nat'l Capitol BBQ Battle:
260234_10150248416369802_548934801_7258869_1995081_a.jpg

Welcome to our crazy little club house!

Can't wait! just need to get a million things done and we'll think we're ready :becky:

Thanks for the warm welcomes :-D This place - you people - have already saved my tail a dozen times over in this competition, and its still almost 2 weeks away. Presentation advice, saucing advice, even an entire new cooker when I ran out of racks (UDS). Once I remedy the unemployment "thing", a site subscription is definitely high on my list.

Can't wait to meet more of you out in the world (and beat your butts, at least in chicken. Cuz really, who enters butts in a chicken contest? :becky:)

Welcome from Indiana!!!!

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back