• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

People's Choice

T

Thunder's Wife

If you win the People's Choice, is it common courtesy to donate the winnings back to whomever/whatever (Jaycees, VFW, Relay for Life, etc) is being supported by the cookoff?

I don't think so.. some do, some don't just like some folks will donate their KCBS prize checks back if they really like the cause..

I know from an organizer perspective, we in no way expect any of the prize money to be donated back.

Donate it back if you like, but never feel pressured to return any prize money.

I don't think so.. some do, some don't just like some folks will donate their KCBS prize checks back if they really like the cause..

I know from an organizer perspective, we in no way expect any of the prize money to be donated back.

Donate it back if you like, but never feel pressured to return any prize money.

Agree at our contest we do not expect the winners to donate the money to our charity.

We won two of them last year. One of them had a $150 prize that we definitely kept. Even with that we still didn't break even. You pretty much have to spend money to win a People's Choice. It was a big help to get some of it back. The other People's choice we won had no money prize at all. Just a trophy and braggin rights.

But nobody said anything about giving the money back, so the thought never crossed our minds.

Our peoples choice is for backyard only. Votes are in form of donations that go entirely to our charity ( Special Olympics). Winner gets prize donated by a sponsor.

This works well for us.

Back