Burger Baths

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Anyone use baths to keep grilled/cooked burgers and brats warm & moist until serving? Our standard bath is beer and white onions. Those are the best burgers when you use some of the onions from the bath.

What are some of your bath recipes.

Try throwing a little beef base in as well.
"Better than beef" beef base.
One place I used to work, we called 'em floaters.

Anyone use baths to keep grilled/cooked burgers and brats warm & moist until serving? Our standard bath is beer and white onions. Those are the best burgers when you use some of the onions from the bath.

What are some of your bath recipes.

Hmm..favorite bath recipes....1 serving of a blonde, 4 oz's of Bombay, a splash of vermouth and a splash of olive juice...shaken not stirred!

I would have thought bathing burgers was a bad idea too until I had them in Prairie du Chien. Can't wait til August to get some more.

Never heard of a burger bath :confused:

For brats - butter, beer, and a sweet onion (vidalia).

We did a fund raiser not too long ago. When we had burgers ready ahead of orders we soaked them in beef broth.

Or like Joe said, use a base. I think he meant "better than bullion" beef base.

[/u][/i][/b][/color]

Hmm..favorite bath recipes....1 serving of a blonde, 4 oz's of Bombay, a splash of vermouth and a splash of olive juice...shaken not stirred!

That sounds like a great bath to me :lol:

For Brats I do beer, onion, garlic, butter and kraut (no offense intended here...see motley que) :wink: Then the kraut & onions go on the brat...

Can someone explain a food 'bath' for me.

You can put your liquid for the bath in a cooler, crock pot, or pot/pan on the grill. Great way to keep burgers and brats warm until people are ready to eat. Excellent method when you are serving for big groups.

I do agree with Carbon Toe that they do taste different than purely grilled burgers because the some of the grilled flavor washes off. Its a different taste, but really good as well.

I am not sure, cuz I have never tried this myself, but I have heard tell of some caterers using 7-UP for a burger bath at large events ?? I like the Beer and Onion bath for the Brats!!!

I like the idea of a burger bath. With Church events and other activities we are always having either cold or dried out hamburgers.

There was a previous thread on what to do with leftover brisket juice. What about a burger bath as a use?

Taking a bath in brisket juice. Hmmmmmm......

When doing a BUNCH of burgers like I did on Father's Day, I put a little beer in the bottom of a large dutch oven. Heated it good, then set it aside and dropped the burgers in as needed, but I've never heard of dunking them like brats.

another Brethren idea I gotta try. Just the wife and I in Albertville tomorrow so that means we will proly have a few burgers and I'll try this.

Many years ago in my early culinary years I used to cook as a short order cook in an Irish pub and we used to cook up all burgers to a medium doneness and bathe them in water, salt/pepper, and kitchen boquet. I know, it doesn't sound appetizing but it worked and no one ever complained.

Back